DxE good/bad for veganism?

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
golfie
Diet: Vegan

DxE good/bad for veganism?

Post by golfie »

Hi guys,

I was looking into which activist groups are active in my country and I didn't find much - although DxE popped out. So I was wondering..do you think they are good or bad for veganism? I personally prefer a more subtle approach and I am sceptical about how many people will actually turn vegan/vegetarian/reduce meat consumption after seeing some of their very disturbing performances. On the other hand they are very impressive and visible. Is there any research on how people react to different ways of animal rights activism? Also, is the term "activism" used in the same way as "advocacy" when talking about this topic ? (as you can see, english is not my native language and I'm also quite new to the topic). Thanks for any input!
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: DxE good/bad for veganism?

Post by brimstoneSalad »

I suspect DxE dramatic performances range from useless to humiliating. Handing out informational fliers is the best method. If you meet up with the DxE people, they may do some of that too.

Mercy for animals has a good assortment of literature:
http://store.mercyforanimals.org/products.php?categoryId=2

If there's nothing in your local language, you could translate something like that, or even make your own.

I had actually been meaning to start a thread to design a trifold leaflet as a forum project, I just haven't had time.