Should I Start Cooking Dinner for Everyone?

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
_Doc
Diet: Vegan

Should I Start Cooking Dinner for Everyone?

Post by _Doc »

Typically my mom or my grandma is the one to cook dinner. When my grandma cooks, the only thing vegan she cooks is usually the biscuits, potatoes or a salad. When my mom cooks it's mainly vegan. Only when she cooks with meat is it no longer vegan. She doesn't use eggs or milk in anything she cooks. So, I was wondering if instead of just cooking for myself should I cook for everyone? I don't think they would be offended by me doing it. But, I guess I am just lazy. I don't think I would cook dinner every day (not even they do that) just maybe twice a week? Or make a big dinner once a month? I guess I am seeking reassurance that this is, in fact, a good idea.
Its a nice feeling when people can agree on something. Don't you agree?
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Should I Start Cooking Dinner for Everyone?

Post by brimstoneSalad »

It's a good idea, but make sure it's a very high protein/fat main course so they don't complain and get hungry for meat five minutes later (defeats the purpose if they prepare a slab of meat for dessert).
Fried tofu or seitan, or well disguised beans, should hit the spot.