Nikocado Avocado going back to eating meat?

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
vegan81vzla
Diet: Vegan

Nikocado Avocado going back to eating meat?

Post by vegan81vzla »

So... what I am guessing is another heavy vegan youtube advocate claiming to go back into eating meat, or ditching veganism, or going mostly plant based or whatever... Perhaps another one that didn't love animals enough? or just didn't get what veganism was all about?
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Re: Nikocado Avocado going back to eating meat?

Post by miniboes »

Unnatural vegan made a good response:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM6XeKFory8&t=1s

It seems he stopped because he got terrible nutrition advice and believed it.
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
vegan81vzla

Post by vegan81vzla »

well, I saw his 50+ minutes long video (a rather painful video to hear, granted, I didn't actually see it, I just listened to it while doing something else at teh computer) where he also talks a lot about the "ethical" side of veganism and how it is ok to eat animals and all...

sure, as he stated it himself, he just went from one to another vegan "diet scheme" in all his 10 years or so of veganism...

But in the end, I guess he will ditch veganism just for social pressure, not one reason or the other...

Anyway, 50 minutes of just ranting and crying...
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Did he start eating animal products? If so, which ones?

His concern is health; he has been following some very bad advice for a long time. That's indicated in the recidivism surveys.
Vegans need better health advice. None of this Freelee/McDougall etc. stuff.
Sapphire Lightning

Post by Sapphire Lightning »

brimstoneSalad wrote:Did he start eating animal products? If so, which ones?

His concern is health; he has been following some very bad advice for a long time. That's indicated in the recidivism surveys.
Vegans need better health advice. None of this Freelee/McDougall etc. stuff.
I'm curious as to what people you think are good at giving health advice (yeah I know Freelee is not to be taken seriously, and I have not heard much from McDougall). I personally have been listening to Dr Greger a lot, as well as googling various studies to try to soak in some more potentially useful information.
Carnist: Kills animals and then takes from their bodies
Vegetarian: Takes from animals' bodies, and then kills them when they are no longer profitable
Vegan: Avoids unnecessary harm to animals as much as is possible and practicable
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Sapphire Lightning wrote: I'm curious as to what people you think are good at giving health advice (yeah I know Freelee is not to be taken seriously, and I have not heard much from McDougall). I personally have been listening to Dr Greger a lot, as well as googling various studies to try to soak in some more potentially useful information.
Greger is by far not the worst.

I broke down how I think I'd rank them here:
http://philosophicalvegan.com/viewtopic.php?t=2282#p23748
vegan81vzla

Post by vegan81vzla »

I guess he has been eating animal products forr quite a while. He haas done mukbang eating chicken nuggets and the such.

He did state about the omnivorous nature of the homo sapiens and kept going on why it is ethical and morally acceptable on being paleo or eating animals

I doubt he had any health issues, he is just giving in social pressure to eat animals again. He just seems weak minded to me.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

vegan81vzla wrote:I guess he has been eating animal products forr quite a while. He haas done mukbang eating chicken nuggets and the such.
False. You've been trolled. Watch the whole video.
vegan81vzla wrote:I doubt he had any health issues, he is just giving in social pressure to eat animals again. He just seems weak minded to me.
That's your problem, and it's a problem with the vegan community: never believing what people say, and just assuming your own dogma as absolute. He went into detail regarding his issues.
He ate raw, and high carb low fat for a long time. He has not been eating properly. He only recently started eating more protein and fat.
I'm almost certain he was low on lysine before, due to his reported symptoms matching symptoms of deficiency, and It's very plausible that he's low on essential fatty acids now, because he doesn't seem to have been careful about the types of fat he's been eating. He should probably take a DHA supplement for now, and he needs to be more careful about the types of fat he's eating so he gets enough omega 3 and a little less omega 6. That's a guess, though, he really needs some good blood tests, it could easily be a coincidence and there might be something else wrong with him entirely..
vegan81vzla

Post by vegan81vzla »

Exactly. It is just a guess. What both you and I are doing is just that... Guessing. I have absolutely no clue of what he has been eating. He does not mention any particular personal health issues in his 50 minutes rant for quitting veganism. He does mention going to the doctor though, but no reason given. He has been living in Colombia for quite a while, so he might have had access to a variety of fresh produce and food (I know, I have family there). He mentions at the begining of his video of being sick of eating lentils (supposedly high protein vegetable source?) But not "sick" as in "ill" but as in "not being able to stand it anymore".

Regardless if he will eventually end up eating animal products or not, if he has done it already, or if he just was trolling all along, I just think his video is just detrimental to veganism in general, wouldn't you say?

In any case, that's the whole thing about being vegan. Carnists "believe" that a chicken soup will heal a cold. That elephant's or rhino's tusks will empower them with sexual powers. It is in their reasoning that eating meat will bring them back to "health". I wouldn't call myself vegan if I still thought that to be true, and try to tell others not to eat meat while either doing it in the dark or falling ill for not consuming meat.
vegan81vzla

Post by vegan81vzla »

He does mention something about losing some teeth though. But that is the whole deal, isn't it? Like I mentioned before. Carnists believe that eating animal products will bring them to health. So I am "guessing" here that Nikocado is blaming his lost teeth to his vegan diet (whatever that might be). Is that vegan at all? Why not blaming it to just poor dental hygiene? To his lifetime of consuming animal products and its accumulative detrimental effects? Or to just natural body decay? No... Lets play the carnist logic and hope that one will be better off consuming animals... That's sooo vegan...