Eating vegan at fast food restaurants?

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
Alley
Diet: Vegetarian

Eating vegan at fast food restaurants?

Post by Alley »

I often go on school trips and we stop at McDonald's. I usually eat French fries and then eat something with protein when I get home. The problem is that I am going on a week trip and I'm not sure how to get proper nutrition. I welcome suggestions :)
Red
Supporter
Supporter
Diet: Vegan

Re: Eating vegan at fast food restaurants?

Post by Red »

Pack food from home; that's probably the best solution if there are no other alternatives. But Mcdolans does have other vegan food other than fries (which I'm not sure if they are vegan). Although they taste like shit, you can get a salad. Not sure what other vegan foods they have.

I stopped eating Mcdolans even before my transition. Mainly because it's horrible for you and leaves you feeling like shit.

By the fucking way, you should post an intro!
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Taco bell is your friend, if you're in a region they have locations.

Serious protein options:
https://www.tacobell.com/feed/how-to-eat-vegan

If your school won't even let you stop at taco bell (and makes you all eat at McDonald's exclusively) that's kind of insane... I'd opt out of the trip, and even try to find a new school. Nobody should be forced to each McDonald's for a week, vegan or not, that's just cruel and unusual punishment.

And welcome! You should post an intro. :)
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

brimstoneSalad wrote:Taco bell is your friend, if you're in a region they have locations.

Serious protein options:
https://www.tacobell.com/feed/how-to-eat-vegan

If your school won't even let you stop at taco bell (and makes you all eat at McDonald's exclusively) that's kind of insane... I'd opt out of the trip, and even try to find a new school. Nobody should be forced to each McDonald's for a week, vegan or not, that's just cruel and unusual punishment.
We don't know, maybe Alley is very young, and their school doesn't allow them to leave the group. They likley figure since that a lot of kids like McDonalds, they take them there for dinner so no one goes hungry.

When I went on school trips, I had to pack my own food, they never took us out, which I think is the better option.

Seriously, schools taking kids to McDonalds? When the fuck are they gonna outlaw this shit?
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci