Pleasant surprise

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
Mateo3112
Diet: Vegetarian

Pleasant surprise

Post by Mateo3112 »

I am a vegetarian, but i am however, flexible when it comes to certain products, like animal fat. If say, i am eating a donut and i find out halfway that it was made with animal fat, the damage is already done so i'm not gonna throw it away or anything. It doesn't kill me. Or if a friend or someone i know buys me something that was made with animal fat, i'll eat it anyway, because i don't want to offend them or make them feel bad.
Last week my grandmother bought me some biscuits from a very expensive pastry shop. So i ate some. BUT, she said in the middle of our chat that she likes that shop particularly because they don't use animal fat in their products. I was quite surprised to hear that. I have seen some brands started to use oil instead of animal fat, but i didn't expect it from a pastry shop.
"Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure" -George Carlin
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Re: Pleasant surprise

Post by PsYcHo »

I got excited when I read this, but I'm assuming now you are referring to English biscuits, known across the pond as cookies. I was hoping it was a non-dairy version of southern US biscuits. (Doughy bread)

Cool though.
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.
Mateo3112
Diet: Vegetarian

Post by Mateo3112 »

I was actually referring to these
"Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure" -George Carlin
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

Oooh! Those look tasty! (I love different breads/bread-like pastries.)
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.