is it dangerous to eat too much vegetal proteins?

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
eloine
Diet: Vegan

Re: is it dangerous to eat too much vegetal proteins?

Post by eloine »

I say good bye! i never gonna go on this forum anymore! I realise it's true the vegan community is the most stupid and closed minded people on earth, you believe every stupid thing you read on the internet and don't open your mind!
YES I HAVE AN ALLERGY TO OGM SOY and I am certainly not the first person on earth to have it!! lot of people have it (my sister, my brother, my mom, several friends...) it is very common and there are lot of serious studies about it! you should open your mind stupid people!
Good bye! (I am ashamed to call me vegan, because vegan people are so full of themselves and self centered and believe to own the truth as they are so far away from it..., I think I gonna describe me as being on a plant based diet" for now on and never as being Vegan anymore , it is too much associated with negativity and for real reasons)
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

eloine wrote:
miniboes wrote:You have alpro brand soy milk in France, right? How do you react to that?
I never tested that one so I don't know, I never saw it before
Perhaps you can try that one and tell us how you respond? For that brand I can say very confidently that they use good quality soybeans.
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

eloine wrote:I don't understand what's wrong about warning people about the danger of OGM food??
Because the dangers being warned about are fabricated. it's just not true, and it causes unneeded fear which causes harm.

It's like warning people about the "dangers of touching black people" based on the idea that the blackness will rub off, soak into your skin, and cause you to become addicted to drugs.

Can you see a problem with that?

When a warning is based on a claim that isn't true, it causes people to be afraid for no reason, and that causes harm both to the people who are made to feel that fear, and the target of the fear.

eloine wrote:Monsento and Bayer are responsible of a lot of environnement disasters with their sterile seeds and dangerous pesticides and petro-chemicals...
Sterile seeds are made to prevent the spread of the transgenic genes. This hasn't caused any disasters. GMOs do not spread in nature.
GMO plants use LESS pesticide, not more.
So, if you're worried about pesticide use, you should support GMO.
eloine wrote:whatever they create always have a serious bad effect on our health or the environnement
That's false. These crops improve the environment by using less pesticide, and increase effective agricultural yield thus reducing human impact on the Earth.
eloine wrote:+ they increase poverty as they made loose lot of money to third world countries to force them to use their seeds
That's another false claim. Farmers choose to use Genetically modified crops that resist disease. This helps them achieve higher yield and greater subsistence, and reduces the risk to their farms due to disease (because the GMO are disease resistant).

Watch this video:
https://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2016/08/11/video-bangladeshi-gmo-eggplant-farmer-disputes-activist-claims-failed-crop/
It's quite simple: the anti-GMO extremists are liars. They bend and break the truth, and fabricate dangers that don't exist.
Why? Are they evil, or are they insane?
eloine wrote:did you heard about the OGM coton plants that ruined Burkina faso because the coton is shorter and then bad quality ? it's the proof they don't seriously test their plants before selling them to farmers ;-))
Here is the real story:
https://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2016/04/29/burkina-faso-putting-gmo-cotton-on-hold-not-abandoning-it/

The cotton fibers in that variety (into which the resistance was added) were shorter. This was NOT because of the GMO, it was due to the conventionally bred variety the locals used that the gene was added to.
Actually the issue is basic crop breeding, unrelated to the genetically engineered traits. When the insect-resistant traits were bred into the regional cotton varieties that Burkinabe farmers prefer, genes conveying a shorter cotton fiber length were retained from the local varieties. Over time, the proportion of short fibers outpaced the longer fibers that cotton mills desire.

Burkinabe researchers are now working with Monsanto to fully “convert” local long-fiber cotton varieties to carrying the insect-resistant trait. . . . In the interim, farmers and cotton companies agreed to temporarily halt the cultivation of GM cotton to prevent the short-fiber trait from becoming more prevalent.
The problem was not from the Genetic engineering, and it's being fixed. There was never a health risk, the variety just had a shorter length.
Different varieties of cotton have different lengths, that's totally normal.

This kind of story is a great example of the lies that anti-GMO extremists latch onto. They never tell the truth about these things, if they did, nobody would worry about it and they would lose all of their funding.
eloine wrote:everything Monsento creates is always BAD,
The vast majority of things they've created are good and help the world.
eloine wrote:they want to destroy the world to make maximum profit and I think they should be banned!!
I think anti-GMO extremists should be banned. They want to destroy the world, or they're insane and should be locked up. These are bad people.

Monsanto is just a company. They want the world to survive, otherwise they wouldn't make any money.
Yes they want to make profit, but they do that by building relationships with farmers and providing good and safe products, not ruining people and creating public health risks.
eloine wrote:And yes I am allergic to Soy with OGM it's the truth,
You don't know this. Did you even read my post?
There are many variables involved, like the factory.
eloine wrote:like a lot of other people are, there are actually a lot of people allergic to OGM soy
False, there has never been a documented case.
eloine wrote:of course I haven't passed a clinical test to proove it but my allergy declares itself EVERYTIME I eat OGM Soy and it confirms lot of serious studies I read about.
Then take a clinical test. You would be the first person in the world, and if it's true you will change the world.
eloine

Post by eloine »

brimstoneSalad wrote:
GMO foods are safer than conventional foods and organic foods, because they are better tested.

The other benefit of GM soy is that it uses less pesticide, so it would usually be healthier than non-GM soy.
Because the soy is resistant to roundup, they can use a larger dose at once to kill all of the weeds, and then use less pesticide overall.
With normal soy, they have to provide smaller doses more often to control weeds, and the result is that more pesticide is used (much more of the dangerous components like the surfactants).
It makes me angry to read something so DUMB.
How can you be so blind?
GM food is an environemental and health disaster, and round-up is a killer!!!
organic products that are locally grown are much safer because they stand against Monsento and uses respectful methods !!!
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

eloine wrote: Good bye! (I am ashamed to call me vegan, because vegan people are so full of themselves and self centered and believe to own the truth as they are so far away from it..., I think I gonna describe me as being on a plant based diet" for now on and never as being Vegan anymore , it is too much associated with negativity and for real reasons)
The majority of vegans are likely afraid of GMO as well, because they are not informed of the science. This is a unique community, because we are vegans who are knowledgeable of and respect science.

If you want to meet anti-GMO vegans, and limit yourself to advice based on pseudoscience, you can try a place like this: http://www.veggieboards.com/

Of course you can call yourself whatever you like. :)

You're welcome back any time if you want help and advice based on science. I assure you though, it's very unlikely you have an allergy to GMO soy and not to soy itself. Your problems almost certainly stem from other additives. If you accept this you can identify them.
eloine

Post by eloine »

brimstoneSalad wrote:
eloine wrote:I don't understand what's wrong about warning people about the danger of OGM food??
Because the dangers being warned about are fabricated. it's just not true, and it causes unneeded fear which causes harm.

It's like warning people about the "dangers of touching black people" based on the idea that the blackness will rub off, soak into your skin, and cause you to become addicted to drugs.

Can you see a problem with that?

When a warning is based on a claim that isn't true, it causes people to be afraid for no reason, and that causes harm both to the people who are made to feel that fear, and the target of the fear.

eloine wrote:Monsento and Bayer are responsible of a lot of environnement disasters with their sterile seeds and dangerous pesticides and petro-chemicals...
Sterile seeds are made to prevent the spread of the transgenic genes. This hasn't caused any disasters. GMOs do not spread in nature.
GMO plants use LESS pesticide, not more.
So, if you're worried about pesticide use, you should support GMO.
eloine wrote:whatever they create always have a serious bad effect on our health or the environnement
That's false. These crops improve the environment by using less pesticide, and increase effective agricultural yield thus reducing human impact on the Earth.
eloine wrote:+ they increase poverty as they made loose lot of money to third world countries to force them to use their seeds
That's another false claim. Farmers choose to use Genetically modified crops that resist disease. This helps them achieve higher yield and greater subsistence, and reduces the risk to their farms due to disease (because the GMO are disease resistant).

Watch this video:
https://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2016/08/11/video-bangladeshi-gmo-eggplant-farmer-disputes-activist-claims-failed-crop/
It's quite simple: the anti-GMO extremists are liars. They bend and break the truth, and fabricate dangers that don't exist.
Why? Are they evil, or are they insane?
eloine wrote:did you heard about the OGM coton plants that ruined Burkina faso because the coton is shorter and then bad quality ? it's the proof they don't seriously test their plants before selling them to farmers ;-))
Here is the real story:
https://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2016/04/29/burkina-faso-putting-gmo-cotton-on-hold-not-abandoning-it/

The cotton fibers in that variety (into which the resistance was added) were shorter. This was NOT because of the GMO, it was due to the conventionally bred variety the locals used that the gene was added to.
Actually the issue is basic crop breeding, unrelated to the genetically engineered traits. When the insect-resistant traits were bred into the regional cotton varieties that Burkinabe farmers prefer, genes conveying a shorter cotton fiber length were retained from the local varieties. Over time, the proportion of short fibers outpaced the longer fibers that cotton mills desire.

Burkinabe researchers are now working with Monsanto to fully “convert” local long-fiber cotton varieties to carrying the insect-resistant trait. . . . In the interim, farmers and cotton companies agreed to temporarily halt the cultivation of GM cotton to prevent the short-fiber trait from becoming more prevalent.
The problem was not from the Genetic engineering, and it's being fixed. There was never a health risk, the variety just had a shorter length.
Different varieties of cotton have different lengths, that's totally normal.

This kind of story is a great example of the lies that anti-GMO extremists latch onto. They never tell the truth about these things, if they did, nobody would worry about it and they would lose all of their funding.
eloine wrote:everything Monsento creates is always BAD,
The vast majority of things they've created are good and help the world.
eloine wrote:they want to destroy the world to make maximum profit and I think they should be banned!!
I think anti-GMO extremists should be banned. They want to destroy the world, or they're insane and should be locked up. These are bad people.

Monsanto is just a company. They want the world to survive, otherwise they wouldn't make any money.
Yes they want to make profit, but they do that by building relationships with farmers and providing good and safe products, not ruining people and creating public health risks.
eloine wrote:And yes I am allergic to Soy with OGM it's the truth,
You don't know this. Did you even read my post?
There are many variables involved, like the factory.
eloine wrote:like a lot of other people are, there are actually a lot of people allergic to OGM soy
False, there has never been a documented case.
eloine wrote:of course I haven't passed a clinical test to proove it but my allergy declares itself EVERYTIME I eat OGM Soy and it confirms lot of serious studies I read about.
Then take a clinical test. You would be the first person in the world, and if it's true you will change the world.
I think you have a mental disease and you should go to see a psychiatrist, you spend your life trolling on the internet it's not good ;-) I am not even going to read all that, I know it is going to be very negative ! get some love in your life! you don't own the truth and should respect other people's opinions! if you love OGM food, good for you, but lot of people doesn't and you should respect that
eloine

Post by eloine »

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16119037
And this is my last word :D
as you can see, there are people that has been tested on allergy about OGM soy and some people that are not allergic to natural soy are allergic to OGM, this test was made in a university in Korea so not financed by any "charlatan" and it's just one example, but I coud find thousand of other, but you just wanna believe what you want to believe anyway.
But OGM is VERY UNSAFE yes I am 200% sure of it
eloine

Post by eloine »

brimstoneSalad wrote:
eloine wrote: Good bye! (I am ashamed to call me vegan, because vegan people are so full of themselves and self centered and believe to own the truth as they are so far away from it..., I think I gonna describe me as being on a plant based diet" for now on and never as being Vegan anymore , it is too much associated with negativity and for real reasons)
The majority of vegans are likely afraid of GMO as well, because they are not informed of the science. This is a unique community, because we are vegans who are knowledgeable of and respect science.

If you want to meet anti-GMO vegans, and limit yourself to advice based on pseudoscience, you can try a place like this: http://www.veggieboards.com/

Of course you can call yourself whatever you like. :)

You're welcome back any time if you want help and advice based on science. I assure you though, it's very unlikely you have an allergy to GMO soy and not to soy itself. Your problems almost certainly stem from other additives. If you accept this you can identify them.
You are the blind people! you are the one to base yourself on pseudo-science! I bet you didn't even made real scientific studies in your life. All I noticed is that you spend your time critisizing everybody that doesn't think same way you do, as if you owned the truth, but you don't and for this reason you will always look like retarded people in other people's eyes.
Real scientifics always listen the 2 sides and don't chose to believe in only one thing and to go in only one direction.
eloine

Post by eloine »

brimstoneSalad wrote:

Yes they want to make profit, but they do that by building relationships with farmers and providing good and safe products, not ruining people and creating public health risks..
you sound like a NAZI, this is scary,
why should we bann people that are for locally grown produces that are cheaper, in respect of local farmers and without use of pesticides and by using agriculture good practices??? and why should we replace everything by inhumane industrialisation???
that is insane and crazy. you are the one to be extremist!!!!
Have you heard about the high rate of farmers suicide caused because Monsanto making pressure on them???
Monsanto is a very bad company just like the meat industry, and yes wanting to make maximum profit by using methods that are harmful to the environnement (round -up is proved to be toxic) is BAD
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

eloine wrote: I think you have a mental disease and you should go to see a psychiatrist, you spend your life trolling on the internet it's not good ;-) I am not even going to read all that, I know it is going to be very negative ! get some love in your life! you don't own the truth and should respect other people's opinions! if you love OGM food, good for you, but lot of people doesn't and you should respect that
Jesus Christ, stop being a cunt. Brimstone is just trying to help you and answer your questions, and without a doubt knows a helluva lot more than you do on this subject. Learn some respect if you're interested in debating (which you so obviously aren't). Read the rules. You must be willing to engage in debate.
eloine wrote:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16119037
And this is my last word :D
as you can see, there are people that has been tested on allergy about OGM soy and some people that are not allergic to natural soy are allergic to OGM, this test was made in a university in Korea so not financed by any "charlatan" and it's just one example, but I coud find thousand of other, but you just wanna believe what you want to believe anyway.
But OGM is VERY UNSAFE yes I am 200% sure of it
If you read through brimstone's post, there is a lot of evidence that lays waste to this assertion. You're not an expert. I'm not an expert either, but I don't make my own opinions until I see what the real experts actually say. Stop accusing.

eloine wrote:You are the blind people! you are the one to base yourself on pseudo-science! I bet you didn't even made real scientific studies in your life. All I noticed is that you spend your time critisizing everybody that doesn't think same way you do, as if you owned the truth, but you don't and for this reason you will always look like retarded people in other people's eyes.
Real scientifics always listen the 2 sides and don't chose to believe in only one thing and to go in only one direction.

you sound like a NAZI, this is scary,
why should we bann people that are for locally grown produces that are cheaper in respect of local farmers and without use of pesticides and by using agriculture good practices??? and replace everything by inhumane industrialisation???
that is insane and crazy.
Have you heard about the high rate of farmers suicide caused because Monsento making pressure on them???
Monsento is a very bad company just like the meat industry, and yes wanting to make maximum profit by using methods that are harmful to the environnement (round -up is proved to be toxic) is BAD
I hope you're trolling here. You obviously have not been paying much attention. I'm not sure if the community will be willing to let you back if this is your behaviour. I'm trusting that you're better than this.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci