Relevant Vegan Studies

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
DiscreteElite_
Diet: Vegan

Relevant Vegan Studies

Post by DiscreteElite_ »

Hello, all. I was looking at the comments section of the recent Joe Rogan podcast about veganism. Some guy in the comments posted a Google Document that took me aback. It is 40 pages (and counting?!) of PubMed studies (and more) talking about meat and veganism.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zKl ... sFxig/edit#

If this doesn't work for you: http://archive.is/63FCT

If something is weird about it, I just saved it: goo.gl/xbyNBO
_Doc

Re: Relevant Vegan Studies

Post by _Doc »

Well, holy crap... My need for links to one's knowledge has been met. I need to read threw this instead of just skim threw it. Thanks for sharing. I wonder if anything on the list is incorrect.
Its a nice feeling when people can agree on something. Don't you agree?
DiscreteElite_

Post by DiscreteElite_ »

_Doc wrote:Well, holy crap... My need for links to one's knowledge has been met. I need to read threw this instead of just skim threw it. Thanks for sharing. I wonder if anything on the list is incorrect.
Remember, it's not just the blue, underlined things that are links. Even the greens are links to other sources.
adriannewebster

Post by adriannewebster »

I don't understand why they had to mention Vegan Gains in the list of studies.
St3v3B
Diet: Vegetarian

Post by St3v3B »

I don't understand why none of the links are direct links. They are all links to Facebook. Based on the two links I have checked, the editorial comments need to be taken with an unhealthy dose of salt.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

St3v3B wrote:I don't understand why none of the links are direct links. They are all links to Facebook. Based on the two links I have checked, the editorial comments need to be taken with an unhealthy dose of salt.
There may be a lot of good stuff in there, but the problem with that kind of unreliability is the effort needed to desalinate the resource.
Comprehensiveness AND reliability are essential.

It's like cowspiracy: some good stuff in there, and the general point is right, but when they get a couple numbers wrong (like saying 50% when it's probably somewhere closer to 30-something % ) it makes it hard to recommend.