Is Eating Organic Vegan?

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
ThatNerdyScienceGirl
Diet: Vegetarian

Is Eating Organic Vegan?

Post by ThatNerdyScienceGirl »

I have noticed time and time again that many proponents of organic farming engage is severe acts of animal cruelty, especially when i comes to scientific studies. Most pro-organic studies I have read have no problem not only engaging in horrific conditions in animal testing, but also prolongs animal suffering if it means to make their results look more favorably towards organic foods, but also doing all of these studies uselessly, as the papers bias and poor methodology makes the animal testing done in them simply a manipulative marketing ploy.

The Austrialian Pig Feed Study, for instance, where over 80 of their pigs, or about half of the entire study, was suffering from pneumonia by the time the researchers eventually slaughtered them. The study proved nothing, was extremely flawed in order to push an agenda, and forced over 80 pigs to suffer in agony from Pneumonia.

Another study is the oft quoted debunked Long Term Toxicity paper, which took a breed of rat that they KNEW was more likely to get cancer spontaneously, and kept the rats alive for so long that 25% of their entire body mass was tumor. The rats would have been forced to live in severe agony until they were killed, all for a biased study which accomplished nothing.

Many Pro-Organic studies seem to be like this, as the Organics industry don't give a rats ass how many animals they have to purposefully subject to suffering and slaughter in order to sell their products or political message. Anything it takes to make the competition look bad.

Why would any vegan even fathom to support an industry that subjects animals to cruel conditions and suffering, or promote the use of said studies, just to gain net profits or political distance? In fact, regardless of the alleged (and often disputed) health allegations of Organic foods, vegans should be pissed off at the organics food industry, who also does the same not just to non-organic food, but also to various chemicals they think is harmful, such as sweeteners, etc.

Isn't it about time we called out the Organics Industry on their blatant and manipulative use of animal suffering?
Nerdy Girl talks about health and nutrition: http://thatnerdysciencegirl.com/
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Is Eating Organic Vegan?

Post by brimstoneSalad »

I agree.

I don't think they're doing it intentionally, it's just that they're too stupid to do real science, because they're woos. It's like a monkey trying to imitate science. So, when they try to do something they think looks like science (to prove their views, when they've already been disproved) all it does is cause unnecessary and useless animal suffering.

...And then they blame it all on GMOs, saying they're testing the safety.