Things you don't like about meat eater and how do you deal with it

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
Cloppy
Diet: Meat-Eater

Things you don't like about meat eater and how do you deal with it

Post by Cloppy »

What are the things you don't like about meat eaters and how do you deal with it?

What I don't like are the hunters who take photo of an animal they kill while smiling on the picture like they are proud, people who offer you meat while they know you are vegan, when someone know you are vegan but will cook something with meat for you and if you don't accept they tell you that they lost their time because you didn't accept it or that it isn't so bad just eat it and the one who make no research and go tell that the vegan diet is bad and give a bad image of all vegan or some famous vegan who tell meat eaters that they should die or anything like that.

And how do I deal with it? Well honestly I don't care as long as they aren't bothering me with it and if they are I just tell them to stop and if they don't stop I just leave.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Things you don't like about meat eater and how do you deal with it

Post by brimstoneSalad »

I think you summarized it pretty well. Some people just don't respect others enough to take a "no thank you", and they can be pushy.

It sounds like you're handling it well by asking them to stop and then leaving the area if they continue; sometimes it helps to let them know verbally that you're serious and aren't joking with them.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Re: Things you don't like about meat eater and how do you deal with it

Post by PsYcHo »

Here's the thing about bullies. (Because that's what people who give you a hard time about your life choices are) They react to your reactions. If they say something that bothers you, and you show it, they will continue to push your buttons. The trick is getting yourself to a place where you don't have to pretend something doesn't bother you, but actually getting to the point where people can say whatever they want and it truly doesn't bother you.

Ignorant or mean people say and do ignorant or mean things. You cannot control their actions, you can only control yours. You are being the moral person, so if they are giving you a hard time, take a breath and realize they are actually frightened of you, because you challenge their preconceived notions of what is right or wrong. Once you accept that you have the moral high ground, and you cannot control what they believe, it will be much less stressful to deal with them. I assume you would not argue with a toddler, why argue with someone who acts like one? :)

(nice avatar, but RD is the coolest pony, by at least 20% :lol: )
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.