Mythbusters (TV Show) and Animal Bodies

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin
Diet: Vegan

Mythbusters (TV Show) and Animal Bodies

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Hi,
I'm just watching a recent episode of Mythbusters (a tv show in which they test out all sorts of myths to see if there is any truth to them), and this particular episode they were testing out the flammability of sunscreen. If you have watched episodes of the show before, you might have seen them use dead pigs as human analogues before, and this episode was no exception. I can't stand it when they do. I find it utterly disgusting. In this episode they pranced around with a dead pig in sunglasses. See attached image.

My question is why? Why belittle the poor dead creature and make a joke out of its death?
pig.jpg
pig2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
Volenta
Master in Training

Re: Mythbusters (TV Show) and Animal Bodies

Post by Volenta »

I've seen them doing it before with a chicken. Haven't enjoyed the show as much even since. I mean, they are smart people, they should know better.
klonoa

Post by klonoa »

same here. I still like the show because of all the other fun things they've done. But i also find it very disgusting when they do stuff like that.
Neptual

Post by Neptual »

Haven't watched this show since it came out. I didn't know that this is what they did. I'm most likely not going to watch it all at this point.
She's beautiful...