pimples

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
kelly888
Diet: Vegetarian

pimples

Post by kelly888 »

i just found out i have a new pimple. i am mostly vegan, but i occasionaly eat products that have milk,eggs so i dont know how to call myself. i watch vegan youtubers so it is so weird to call myself vegetarian :D does anyone know what food to eat to get rid of this ugly pimple. i am going to a summer camp in 2 days so i want to look good so ... i just recently had a breakdown and ate pâté. it is not as fancy as it sounds. it is just ground up meat turned into paste and it is a sandwich spread. it is really common in eastern europe. the french make everything sound so fancy. what i wanted to say was that i am mostly eating good now. had 2 sandwiches with that paste and boom pimple. now i know that not only will i be eating something unhealthy i will also get a pimple, which is an important thing for me. it is funny that this little thing can change my view. a bit egoistical, thinking about your looks, but animal lives.. well i have a long way to go.

my question is what i need to eat/ do to get rid of this nasty pimple ?
EquALLity
I am God
Diet: Vegan

Re: pimples

Post by EquALLity »

Lotion? :P

This too shall pass.
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Anecdotally, going vegan helps for a lot of people. Cleaning up your diet can't hurt your health.

Brian Turner (the vegan body builder) has a lot of videos on acne:
https://www.youtube.com/user/HumerusFitness/videos

He says his only mostly cleared up after he went vegan.

There may be some limited evidence that dairy causes acne, but that may only be for some people (it could be different from person to person).
kelly888
Diet: Vegetarian

Post by kelly888 »

i checked brian turners yt out, but he´s acne seems to be in a really bad condition (or was). i have just a few pimples, nothing mature even considering that i am a teenager. for lotions and creams i only have non vegan cruelty ones. my mum buys avon ones sadly. i have normal skin, so i do not do some skin treatment at all, only wash it and take make-up off (i usually do not wear it though). i think the pimples come from eating mostly. well one thing i could do is calendula tea. it is good for oily skin (pimples= oily skin?) and i can drink the rest of it.
finally thank you for answering :)
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

What cures really bad acne is probably relevant to curing mild acne too. Just a thought. :)