CockFight (The Horror!)

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
LemonCreature
Diet: Vegan

CockFight (The Horror!)

Post by LemonCreature »

Last edited by LemonCreature on Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
bobo0100

Re: CockFight (The Horror!)

Post by bobo0100 »

I am fairly sure it's illegal in most of the world. Definitely is in aus any way, and I'm fairly sure the same can be said for America Britain and Canada. I doubt you will find a supporter of cockfighting on this forum, as even meat eaters tend to consider things like cockfighting and dogfighting to be some what evil. I hardly see it as any better than hunting or fishing.
vegan: to exclude—as far as is practicable—all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for any purpose; and by extension, promotes the development and use of animal-free alternatives for the benefit of humans, animals and the environment.
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Its illegal yet we still have fully legal rodeos all over the place. Hypocrisy.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
Volenta
Master in Training

Post by Volenta »

TheVeganAtheist wrote:Its illegal yet we still have fully legal rodeos all over the place. Hypocrisy.
Well, a lot of people disgust and are opposed to the rodeos and bullfighting. It's banned in a lot of countries and I think it doesn't take that long before it's a banned practice everywhere (I know that there is much discussion about it in Spain). The hypocrisy and moral inconsistency mostly takes place with people being opposed to mistreating animals for pleasure (animal fighting) and being in favor of mistreating animals for pleasure (factory farming so they can eat them). That's the hypocrisy I just can't stand...
Twizelby

Post by Twizelby »

TheVeganAtheist wrote:Its illegal yet we still have fully legal rodeos all over the place. Hypocrisy.
My home in Good ol' America still has it legal in 3 states! Louisiana, New Mexico and Oklahoma
http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=131142
Neptual

Post by Neptual »

You think that's bad? How about legal pigeon shootings in Pennsylvania, where you gather a bunch of pigeons and shoot them as they try to fly away.

How about in New York where they killed almost an entire wolf population, and years later due to "High rate of deer population" killed and "limited" the deer population near Albany.

But America isn't the worst places where they pit animals against animals/humans.

Go to Spain and I'm sure you'll have a grand time celebrating their "traditions".
She's beautiful...
LemonCreature

Post by LemonCreature »

Last edited by LemonCreature on Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neptual

Post by Neptual »

LemonCreature wrote:Sure it's not legal but people don't really care much about it weed is also banned but yet people still smoke that shit and lot's of people are taking that stuff everywhere from malls too school anywhere they want to they bring it :lol: it doesn't matter people still host Cockfights and people smoke weed :lol:
Smoking weed and having animals fight against each other to the death aren't the same thing.

Marijuana has medical purposes, watching two animals fight supplies nothing but idiotic entertainment for those who could careless about the lives of other beings.
She's beautiful...
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

dan1073 wrote: Smoking weed and having animals fight against each other to the death aren't the same thing.

The point was, I think, that people don't care much about the law. If they want to do something, they'll do it whether it's illegal or not.

Cock fighting is very common in the U.S. too, but it's just less open.

Rodeos aren't quite the same thing- although many animals die during them, the point is not to kill the animals. Still terrible, but there's a subtle distinction there.

Bull fighting is the same kind of thing, though.