Plant-based eggs

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
Unknownfromheaven
Diet: Vegetarian

Plant-based eggs

Post by Unknownfromheaven »

I am really excited and cannot wait to try it. I think this could help me to be a vegan when i will quit eggs for good.
http://inourishgently.com/plant-based-eggs/
All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force..We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.” ~ Max Planck - Quantum Theory and Nobel Prize in Physics in 1918.
_Doc
Diet: Vegan

Re: Plant-based eggs

Post by _Doc »

Here is a another good vegan egg. http://followyourheart.com/products/veganegg/
Also, if you like to bake, bananas work great as a egg substitute in bread. Or even flax. I usually use "Ener G Egg Replacer" but, it is hard to get it to mix in have to pour it slowly in.
Its a nice feeling when people can agree on something. Don't you agree?
Unknownfromheaven

_Doc wrote:Here is a another good vegan egg. http://followyourheart.com/products/veganegg/.
Unfortunetly they are not in my country... i cannot comprehend the banana as substitute for the egg.. because i love how the egg taste and also i eat a lot of bananas as well.
All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force..We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.” ~ Max Planck - Quantum Theory and Nobel Prize in Physics in 1918.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

For egg taste, there's something called black salt. It's pretty affordable, and you could buy a small amount online which should last years.

Black salt combined with tofu makes a pretty plausible scrambled egg.
Unknownfromheaven

Thats interesting, and i saw this product. i guess i will try it.

I usually do not take in salt or sugar...i preffer to cherish the natural flavours of what i eat. so i very much seldom put salt...even on potatoes chips...i mostly eat them without salt.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Unknownfromheaven wrote:Thats interesting, and i saw this product. i guess i will try it.
Great, I hope you like it!
It only takes a very small amount to achieve a strong taste.
Unknownfromheaven wrote:I usually do not take in salt or sugar...i preffer to cherish the natural flavours of what i eat. so i very much seldom put salt...even on potatoes chips...i mostly eat them without salt.
I think salt helps enhance the natural flavor in foods. And at least for the average person, makes vegetables more delicious.

Of course, we need some salt; it's probably healthier to use at least a little salt.
Unknownfromheaven

I agree with you, even if i mostly dislike salt, it has to be a small amount just like normal salt...i barely even put it on potatoes :)) I will admit however that i cannot eat onions without a little bit of salt.