What shrimp?

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Diet: Ostrovegan

What shrimp?

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz »

Yo. This is a question for vegetarian, vegan, I want to discuss: What about shrimp? Apparently, an ear of corn you can than make a coherent-oriented form than shrimp. Yes - an ear of corn is actually apparently more capable of forming a coherent thought than a shrimp. So? What about shrimp? Many kind regards.
Unknownfromheaven
Diet: Vegetarian

Re: What shrimp?

Post by Unknownfromheaven »

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:Yo. This is a question for vegetarian, vegan, I want to discuss: What about shrimp? Apparently, an ear of corn you can than make a coherent-oriented form than shrimp. Yes - an ear of corn is actually apparently more capable of forming a coherent thought than a shrimp. So? What about shrimp? Many kind regards.
There are some other vegetarians out there that i really don t get....some eat fish, its the same case with the shrimps...if one is eating fish or shrimp its not a vegetarian, not to say vegan. if one is saying that otherwise not only that he lies others but also is lying to himself.
All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force..We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.” ~ Max Planck - Quantum Theory and Nobel Prize in Physics in 1918.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: What shrimp?

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:Yo. This is a question for vegetarian, vegan, I want to discuss: What about shrimp? Apparently, an ear of corn you can than make a coherent-oriented form than shrimp. Yes - an ear of corn is actually apparently more capable of forming a coherent thought than a shrimp. So? What about shrimp? Many kind regards.
Where did you read that? It's incorrect.

Intelligence depends on the type and species of shrimp. Very small shrimp are probably just barely sentient, if at all (some are only a centimeter long as adults, so there's not much room for a brain).
However, corn has zero intelligence/sentience, so it's a myth that corn would be more capable of thought. Shrimp have small brains, corn has none.