Irrefutable Vegan Postulate

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
vegan81vzla
Diet: Vegan

Irrefutable Vegan Postulate

Post by vegan81vzla »

Fellow vegans, hereby I present you with the ultimate postulate that cannot be contradicted in any way shape or form, that validates veganism in front of any fellow carnist human being. Discussion is very much welcome

"Any human society that considers itself irrevocably but wrongly, even the slightest dependent on the animal kingdom, will end up favoring animals over its own human interests, which will condemn it blindly and inevitably to its own self destruction"
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: Irrefutable Vegan Postulate

Post by brimstoneSalad »

How about:

"Any human society that considers itself irrevocably but wrongly, even the slightest dependent on machines, will end up favoring machines over its own human interests, which will condemn it blindly and inevitably to its own self destruction"

Woah! My mind is blown. We must all give up computers, electricity, and all modern devices and crawl back into the forest, naked, to scratch around for food with our bare hands.
vegan81vzla

Post by vegan81vzla »

brimstoneSalad wrote:How about:

"Any human society that considers itself irrevocably but wrongly, even the slightest dependent on machines, will end up favoring machines over its own human interests, which will condemn it blindly and inevitably to its own self destruction"

Woah! My mind is blown. We must all give up computers, electricity, and all modern devices and crawl back into the forest, naked, to scratch around for food with our bare hands.
Actually, I find it that the more time I spend as a vegan, I find myself less dependent on machines or willing to leave my shores to a mechanical thing that can easily break and can be very expensive (at least in my country) to replace. As I move closer to raw veganism, I find that the only machines I might need are a good laptop or a good cellphone, the rest are just redundances that might not be needed in a vegan world.
vegan81vzla

Post by vegan81vzla »

some might also argue that us humans becoming machines might be our next evolutionary step. While I might very well disagree, going back to behaving like animals is not the solution either
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

vegan81vzla wrote:Fellow vegans, hereby I present you with the ultimate postulate that cannot be contradicted in any way shape or form, that validates veganism in front of any fellow carnist human being. Discussion is very much welcome

"Any human society that considers itself irrevocably but wrongly, even the slightest dependent on the animal kingdom, will end up favoring animals over its own human interests, which will condemn it blindly and inevitably to its own self destruction"
hmmm, As I am "carnist", (I have eaten meat today. Nothing in my fridge will go to waste.) , I am torn between being "respectfully in disagreement" , and (How are you so ******* ******)

I would like to ask the moderator on the particular limits of this "debate".
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.
Jaywalker

Post by Jaywalker »

I don't understand how you came to the conclusion that your postulate is correct, or how that leads to self destruction.

People claim to be dependent on meat all the time ("I have to eat meat!"), yet they obviously don't favor animals over their human interests. It's also possible to come up with ways that most efficiently use or create whatever we're dependent on.

Sadly, I don't think your argument will convince any meat eaters.
vegan81vzla

Post by vegan81vzla »

Jaywalker wrote:I don't understand how you came to the conclusion that your postulate is correct, or how that leads to self destruction.
what about our own human experience? that is all we have been doing, waging wars, or destroying everything, just because we fail to see hoe that human-animal symbiosis is detrimental to ourselves, nowhere benefitial, no matter how much we try to justify it
Jaywalker wrote:People claim to be dependent on meat all the time ("I have to eat meat!"), yet they obviously don't favor animals over their human interests.
But we do. In order for us to sustain that vice (meat eating) we mus feed and tend animals for a very long time just to enjoy one meal. So we forget ouselves, or own interests, the nature we really sustain ourselves from, just to breed animals and keep eating them. Many farmers love their animals a lot. The postulate is unquestionable.
Jaywalker wrote:Sadly, I don't think your argument will convince any meat eaters.
But it has...
Jaywalker

Post by Jaywalker »

vegan81vzla wrote:what about our own human experience? that is all we have been doing, waging wars, or destroying everything, just because we fail to see hoe that human-animal symbiosis is detrimental to ourselves, nowhere benefitial, no matter how much we try to justify it
The environmental impact of the animal industry is one of the many causes that contribute to climate change, but this isn't what you touched upon. Perhaps revisit your first premise. I also don't see what waging wars has to do with this.

As a relevant point, after reading your comments in other topics: If in the future humans colonized the galaxy and could breed animals in separate designated worlds until the end of the universe, would you not be vegan?
vegan81vzla wrote:But we do. In order for us to sustain that vice (meat eating) we mus feed and tend animals for a very long time just to enjoy one meal. So we forget ouselves, or own interests, the nature we really sustain ourselves from, just to breed animals and keep eating them. Many farmers love their animals a lot. The postulate is unquestionable.
People don't forget their own interests. They happen to be interested in eating animals and earning money, and they've found ways to greatly increase the availability of meat while greatly minimizing the effort needed to produce it. In any case, their interest in selling and consuming animal products triumphs over their disinterest in spending effort.

If people favored animals the whole world would have been vegan in the first place.
vegan81vzla wrote:But it has...
I'm surprised. That's good I guess! Not sure about using an unsound argument myself though.
vegan81vzla

Post by vegan81vzla »

I find that it is very sound and that it resonates with people
Cirion Spellbinder
Master of the Forum

Post by Cirion Spellbinder »

Fellow carnists, hereby I present you with the ultimate postulate that cannot be contradicted in any way shape or form, that validates carnism in front of any fellow vegan human being. Discussion is very much welcome

"Any human society that considers itself irrevocably but wrongly, even the slightest dependent on the plant kingdom, will end up favoring plants over its own human interests, which will condemn it blindly and inevitably to its own self destruction"