Problem itself in vegan and meat-eater

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
seand123

Problem itself in vegan and meat-eater

Post by seand123 »

I don't believe vegan or meat-eater are the major problem of earth.

I think it's because we have lack of education in nutrients facts at schools. We've kept overall overeating, wasting foods and too much demands of meats.
Meat itself don't have a problems ,but we've got out of balanced the nutrients based on what bodies need. For example.

Skinny people or muscular people need a meats to efficiently active and be healthy

Fat people or sick people need a vegetable to efficiently balance nutrition and be healthy

Overall balance is needed rather going fully vegan or overeating meat-eater. It's not the matter of eating vegetable or meat. Blaming the meat won't help convincing people to stop overeating. Only reason why vegetable is good because it fits with your diet however it doesn't mean everyone's diet is same.

We've gave the responsibility of educating health to the family household on how to live healthy. That's why people go overweight or underweight and problems comes in. Government need to educate kids a nutrition's facts and healthy way to eat than giving a handicap wheel chair for being overweight or blindly give frozen pizzas to kids.

Going fully vegan won't help overall problem and telling people that they should not eat meat won't help them either. Tell them why vegetable are good without provoking the meat are more reliable and understandable.

It's ok to eat meat and it's ok to eat vegetable ,but know you're body first and promote people to aware their nutrition fact.

Don't blame the meat eater or vegan for what they eat ,but blame the ignorance of government's nutrition fact and their meat companies monopoly.

Sorry for my bad english.
knot
Master in Training

Re: Problem itself in vegan and meat-eater

Post by knot »

Meat has some things we need, but we can get all of those things from plants. Meat also has a lot of bad things we DON'T NEED, like
- saturated fat
- cholesterol
- excess methionine
- high microbial loads
- heme iron

There's no such thing as "balance" with meat. It's just better not to eat it at all

It's a myth that you need meat or other animal products to be strong. Just look up look up e.g. Frank Medrano, Cory McCarthy, Patrik Baboumian or Jon Venus on youtube.
seand123

Post by seand123 »

- saturated fat- Meat does have saturated fat however it doesn't mean all meat is covered with saturated fat and some people need saturated fat to gain weight.

- cholesterol- This is quite tricky, we don't need excessive cholesterol however we need small amount of cholesterol to built and maintain membranes. For example muscles. We can get cholesterol alike from peanuts or avocados however not all countries has that luxury to choose or pick.

- excess methionine- Again excessive methionine are bad however people who needs methionine needs it. Just because it's unneeded for you doesn't mean everyone don't need methionine. Easiest way for people who need methionine and fat are through eggs. you can't ask for their luxuries without knowing their bodies or situation.

- high microbial loads- Everything you put in the mouth has microbial. Differences is meat AND vegetable requires heats to burn off the microbial.

- heme iron- It doesn't effect that much if it eaten in certain amount.

There's no such thing as "balance" with meat. It's just better not to eat it at all

The reason I made these points is because meat aren't necessary bad for your body if you able to control it. That's same for every food sugar, carbohydrates and sodium. Calling meat "Bad" for your body are very blind thing to say and came out of luxuries. People's health is highly depend
on their own bodies and has very different cases depend on what they need. The only reason I've said balance is that I can't judge people dietary to lean them toward vegetables or meats only. I promote people need to know what they eat and find their own dietary with everything(meat and vegetable).
It's a myth that you need meat or other animal products to be strong. Just look up look up e.g. Frank Medrano, Cory McCarthy, Patrik Baboumian or Jon Venus on youtube.

I agree, it's a myth that you need meat however it doesn't mean that all meat are absolutely "Bad" and say "it's just better not to eat it at all".

You can't force anyone your own dietary without knowing what they need for their own dietary.

I don't want to promote vegetables and say meat is absolutely bad. I want to encourage people to find their own dietary and balance nutrition out of it.
knot
Master in Training

Post by knot »

Meat is bad in a relative sense. It's better than starving to death, but worse than just eating plants. There's plenty of research showing that meat increases mortality risk.

Humans also have terrible intuitions in general. The reason they think a meat-based diet is suited for them is because that's all they ever tried. Anyone can do well on a plant-based diet

What do you mean by luxury? I spend like $6 a day on food :lol:
seand123

Post by seand123 »

knot wrote:Meat is bad in a relative sense. It's better than starving to death, but worse than just eating plants. There's plenty of research showing that meat increases mortality risk.
If you've overeat meat yes, but can't you claim same risks for overeating sugar, carbohydrates , sodium and many other stuff? Meat itself is still not bad unless you put harmful chemical.
knot wrote:Humans also have terrible intuitions in general. The reason they think a meat-based diet is suited for them is because that's all they ever tried. Anyone can do well on a plant-based diet
If they do well with meat-based diet then why would you complain? That's why I think people need to know their balance of their diet and learn basic nutrition. Just because you think humans have bad intuitions doesn't mean they can't learn how to eat or know what they eat.

What do you mean by luxury? I spend like $6 a day on food :lol:
Do you live in one place? Have you gone through other place where vegetable are more expensive? Have every think that for some people 6 dollar is a huge money? Luxuries are very dependable on person income therefore you can't say vegetable are much cheaper than meat. The reason I used luxury because you think vegetable are cheaper depending on your budget when it's not overall. For example: McDonald, Fast food restaurant and can foods.

Only way to make people with low budget to eat healthier is to make vegetable cheaper and teach them nutrition facts. But how? Stop overproducing meat , stop demanding for more meat and education. Saying "meat is overall bad" won't convince meat-eater or people who need meats for high protein.
knot
Master in Training

Post by knot »

In the other thread you said you had left the forum, so lemme know if you still want me to reply to your post above or not