As a semi-vegan?

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
seand123

As a semi-vegan?

Post by seand123 »

Is being vegan absolute way to detest the animal production(animal cruelty)?

Is organic(Family farmed) meat are bad for your body and it can supports the animal cruelty?

I know people are able to live with only vegetable, however is it necessary in the any case? I found myself best cuisine out of meat and meats has very special flavor that vegetable itself can't provide. I know that vegetable can make absolutely fabulous dish but there is a limit.

I try to be a vegan ,but sometime I can't resist the best cookery with meat even though I know it may be farmed from factory.

I feel like it's efficient to know if meat are organic and eat majority with vegetables, fruits and very limited amount of meats.

Is there any other reasons why I have to be fully pledged vegan?
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: As a semi-vegan?

Post by brimstoneSalad »

seand123 wrote:Is being vegan absolute way to detest the animal production(animal cruelty)?
Another way is called freegan. In that case, you may eat meat which you found in the rubbish bin that would be wasted and nobody else is willing to eat.
If you search the rubbish bin in a mall, or outside a grocery store, you may find meat which has been thrown away by other people who you don't know, and that you could eat without causing more animal cruelty.

You can NOT eat meat wasted by friends or family members, because they may throw the meat away intentionally in order for you to have it (this would cause more animals to die for you), and you can not eat meat which was given to you as a gift, or that another person wants to eat -- you should refuse it and allow other people to eat it instead.

The only meat generally available is garbage meat from people you don't know. However, not many people are willing to do this.

Another option is to only eat rope grown oysters. Oysters are a sea animal which has no brain, and probably can't feel any pain. The farming of rope grown oysters also does not harm the environment. The farming of land animals and fish is harmful to the environment.

A person who only eats vegetables and oysters is called a bivalvegan, because oysters are "bivalves", or called a ostrovegan.

You can read this article: http://sentientist.org/2013/05/20/the-e ... d-mussels/

So, today there are three choices:

1. Vegan
2. Freegan
3. Bivalvegan/Ostrovegan

Eating fish, chicken, pig, or cow which you have purchased or has been purchased for you is never morally acceptable.
seand123 wrote:Is organic(Family farmed) meat are bad for your body and it can supports the animal cruelty?
Organic meat is bad for your body too, and also supports animal cruelty.
Organic meat is actually WORSE for the environment, and causes more harm to our planet and other people.

If you must eat an animal, you should eat oysters, or take some meat from the trash can which has been thrown away by somebody you don't know.
seand123 wrote:I know people are able to live with only vegetable, however is it necessary in the any case? I found myself best cuisine out of meat and meats has very special flavor that vegetable itself can't provide. I know that vegetable can make absolutely fabulous dish but there is a limit.
I suggest you consider also eating mushrooms, which can provide a rich and meaty taste and texture, and add a lot of flavor to a dish. Nutritional yeast is also a popular way to make a dish more savory.

Have you tried mockmeat, which is made from soy or wheat? There is tofu, tempeh, and seitan, which are all common forms, and also processed versions which are very delicious, and many are flavored like meat without using meat.

Where do you live? Maybe we can recommend a good brand for you to try.
seand123 wrote:I try to be a vegan ,but sometime I can't resist the best cookery with meat even though I know it may be farmed from factory.
After some time, you will no longer crave meat. It's similar to quitting cigarettes. Food becomes an addiction.

One easy way to help you quit is to find some mock meats, which can replace it (like replacing cigarettes with gum).

seand123 wrote:I feel like it's efficient to know if meat are organic and eat majority with vegetables, fruits and very limited amount of meats.
This is a myth. All meat production, except oysters, is more harmful to the environment than plant foods, and it's all harmful to animals. Organic meat is probably worse than conventional meat.
Also, from the health perspective, all meat is bad for your health. Organic meat is not better. That's just a marketing gimmick.
seand123

Post by seand123 »

In that case, you may eat meat which you found in the rubbish bin that would be wasted and nobody else is willing to eat.
If you search the rubbish bin in a mall, or outside a grocery store, you may find meat which has been thrown away by other people who you don't know, and that you could eat without causing more animal cruelty.

Can't we found everything in the rubbish bin in that case? All vegetables and materials can be resell out of rubbish bin if it's in a good state. You can say that meat may come from rubbish bin ,but without evidence it's all pointless.
You can NOT eat meat wasted by friends or family members, because they may throw the meat away intentionally in order for you to have it (this would cause more animals to die for you), and you can not eat meat which was given to you as a gift, or that another person wants to eat -- you should refuse it and allow other people to eat it instead.

I don't get this comparison, but throwing away the meat in trash in order to make me eat seems really unnecessary process to give me a meat. I'm sorry but I don't follow this examples.
The only meat generally available is garbage meat from people you don't know. However, not many people are willing to do this.

I don't get the "Garbage meat" part. Garbage meat by mean in-sanitation meats? It literally came from trash or non-organic?.

"Generally"? you mean that you have a fact that the meat from "people you don't know" is a garbage meat? How can you judge meat itself came from the trash or farmer?
Another option is to only eat rope grown oysters. Oysters are a sea animal which has no brain, and probably can't feel any pain. The farming of rope grown oysters also does not harm the environment. The farming of land animals and fish is harmful to the environment.

Any wild animals that is over catch is harmful to the environment. The reason farm stock exist is to able to control farmed animals as a food supplies not an wild animals. It's totally different cases to compare wild animals and farmed animals. Any farming demands the lands ,but it can be an environment issues, if we overuse the land where wild animals are living.

Eating fish, chicken, pig, or cow which you have purchased or has been purchased for you is never morally acceptable.

Morally by whom case? Everyone? You can't say it's morally acceptable or not. It's should be about preservation and preventing the extinction. Moral can't be conduct because animals and plants can't have conversation with us, human.
Organic meat is bad for your body too, and also supports animal cruelty.
Organic meat is actually WORSE for the environment, and causes more harm to our planet and other people.

I don't get this. Organic meat is a meat without any chemical procedures on which mean it is same as other animals have eaten. It's very real meat itself without any change. It has naturally grown from what environment can provide. That's why organic vegetable exist because it can grow without any chemical. Animal cruelty should come in second because it's really depend how animals were handled and how they were killed.

I suggest you consider also eating mushrooms, which can provide a rich and meaty taste and texture, and add a lot of flavor to a dish. Nutritional yeast is also a popular way to make a dish more savory.

Have you tried mockmeat, which is made from soy or wheat? There is tofu, tempeh, and seitan, which are all common forms, and also processed versions which are very delicious, and many are flavored like meat without using meat.

still it's a fact that vegetable or mushroom can't mimic very own taste of meat. I've myself cooked with soy ,but there is a limit to what it can be taste to be like or not. Vegetable can't be a meat.
After some time, you will no longer crave meat. It's similar to quitting cigarettes. Food becomes an addiction.

I'm addicted to the taste not the meat itself ,but you're right I can quit the meat or not. It's about my pleasure though just like sex or masturbation. I can control it ,but I need it to satisfy my pleasure.
This is a myth. All meat production, except oysters, is more harmful to the environment than plant foods, and it's all harmful to animals. Organic meat is probably worse than conventional meat.
Also, from the health perspective, all meat is bad for your health. Organic meat is not better. That's just a marketing gimmick.

I have myself a basic principle about foods. "Anything that it's overeating is bad for you". Therefore anything what we eat can be bad depend how bad it is and how much we eat. Bad sanitation, Over catch or animal cruelty are harmful to the environment not the meat itself are necessary bad for us. Like I've said "Farmed" and "Environment" should be tackled in different perspective and criticize the wrong method. Meat is just a massive protein not poisonous.
Last edited by seand123 on Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

I took my time to answer your questions kindly, and you totally misrepresented what I said and replied insultingly...

Please read my first post again more carefully to understand.

I understand English is not your first language. But if your English is not good enough to understand what I said, then you should ask questions to clarify, and not try to argue with me before you understand clearly what I said.

Step 1: Understand
Step 2: Argument

You're trying to skip step one and go to step 2. It's rude.

If you don't understand clearly, then don't make some claims or statements, just ask questions about the meaning of what I said. It's more polite. Making assumptions about my argument if you didn't understand and misrepresenting instead is rude, and it's insulting to me.

Please try again to read my first post. After that, if you don't understand, then just ask questions to understand my points. Don't try to make your argument yet until you understand.

Hope you will work harder to understand, so we can have a good conversation and learn something.
seand123

Post by seand123 »

I took my time to answer your questions kindly, and you totally misrepresented what I said and replied insultingly.

In that case, you may eat meat which you found in the rubbish bin that would be wasted and nobody else is willing to eat.

This is literally a quote came out from you and you calling me I'm rude? Seriously? You've just insulted me that I would find meat in the rubbish bin because I've ate meat. You've just insulted my friends or family members as if they would feed me through trash can. And you calling me I'm rude. Is this some kind of christian bullshit I'm hearing? Why is it sounds so familiar?

Please read my first post again more carefully to understand.

Criticize me. Or else I have to suggest you to read it again.

I understand English is not your first language. But if your English is not good enough to understand what I said, then you should ask questions to clarify, and not try to argue with me before you understand clearly what I said.

Step 1: Understand
Step 2: Argument

Didn't I ask you why I couldn't understand you're comparison between meats are in rubbish can and meats in the shopping corner. Please don't cop out because my English sucks.
You're trying to skip step one and go to step 2. It's rude.

and you're not rude? you're clearly rude to the meat eaters and justify yourself your righteous? Aren't you being hypocrite?

If you don't understand clearly, then don't make some claims or statements, just ask questions about the meaning of what I said. It's more polite. Making assumptions about my argument if you didn't understand and misrepresenting instead is rude, and it's insulting to me

I asked the question. I've never act rude or insulted you. However you assumed I am a meat lover and than come out with a stupid comparison about meat and you play victimization. Nice play.

Please try again to read my first post. After that, if you don't understand, then just ask questions to understand my points. Don't try to make your argument yet until you understand.

You avoiding my questions doesn't mean I misunderstood you're stand. You demanding me for submissive just because I didn't understand what you've just said when I clearly understands it and criticize your flaw.
Hope you will work harder to understand, so we can have a good conversation and learn something.

I hope your comparison with meat in rubbish can and meat in a store makes sense to you. I hope you read you're own words too.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

seand123 wrote: This is literally a quote came out from you and you calling me I'm rude? Seriously?
YES, you are rude. You did not understand my post. You need to improve your English, because you totally misunderstood.

Look up the word: FREEGAN.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeganism

I said if you want to be freegan, you can eat meat from the rubbish bin (this is also called meagan, to distinguish from vegan freegans). This is a real attitude. People actually do this.
I knew people who may eat meat from rubbish bins, and I respect them. This is not so dirty, the meat is fresh (for example, 'expired' yesterday), and often in the package. This is their choice, and I can accept it.

Look up: DUMPSTER DIVING

Read this, for example:
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/dum ... -1.1195338

Something like 10% of all food is wasted on a regular basis. Can you imagine how many people that can feed?

IF you choose to eat meat from the rubbish bin, then I will 100% respect you. I would never criticize somebody for this choice.
When you eat meat from the rubbish bin, you will reduce waste and help the environment.

Grocery stores are very wasteful, and they often throw out meat which didn't sell, even though the meat can still be eaten.
People in shopping malls will often order a burger, and take one bite and then leave their trays to be thrown away.

FREEGANS make the moral choice to live off the waste of society rather than create more waste and use more resources.

Don't insult Freegans.
There are people who eat vegan, except if they find meat which has been wasted they may eat it. This is called Freegan, or MMeagan.

Also read this:
http://freegan.info/what-is-a-freegan/f ... riculture/

It is a moral alternative to veganism.

AND, as to your rudeness, read the forum rules here:

https://theveganatheist.com/forum/viewt ... p=224#p224
forum rules wrote:3. Post in English (it's OK if it's a second language), and please try to use mostly proper grammar and spelling (we're not grammar nazis, but it needs to be readable). If it becomes clear your English ability is not proficient enough to understand the posts of others written in clear English, and your behavior is one of arrogance and impatience rather than humility and a willingness to improve your English level to avoid the problem in the future, you may be warned or banned.
You are welcome to participate here even if English is not your first language. Most of our members have English as their second or even third language. BUT if you can not understand what others are saying, and consistently RUDELY refuse to re-read in attempt to understand the true meaning of a post, responding as you have here with wild claims that have nothing to do with what people have said, you will cause a lot of trouble for others.

As long as you are humble and respectfully ask me to clarify what I have said, I am happy to help you improve your English.
However, I need you to try harder first, and carefully re-read my post to try to understand.

But don't insult anybody on this forum again when it is clear you have not understood what was posted because of your poor English level. That is not acceptable behavior.

seand123 wrote:You've just insulted me that I would find meat in the rubbish bin because I've ate meat.
FALSE.

I said it is MORAL to eat meat from a rubbish bin.
If you ate meat from a rubbish bin, I would call you a HERO.

This is called Freeganism/Meaganism. Freegans are good people, who do not waste. Instead, they consume food which others have carelessly wasted.

Reread my post.
Meat from a rubbish bin is GOOD.
seand123 wrote:You've just insulted my friends or family members as if they would feed me through trash can.
FALSE.

Re-read my post.

Some fake freegans, who do not understand freeganism, believe there is a loophole in freeganism, where if their friends place plates of meat on the rubbish bin to give to them, that's freegan. Or if they mooch meat from others, it's freegan. It is not.

You totally misunderstood my post.
seand123 wrote:And you calling me I'm rude.
Yes, you are RUDE. You didn't understand my post because your English is poor. That's OK to have poor English. But if your English is poor you should be HUMBLE, try harder, and ask for help.
Don't ASSUME the meaning of what somebody is saying and try to argue against him or her right away.

Instead of being humble, you have been arrogant, and made incorrect assumptions about what I said.
seand123 wrote:Didn't I ask you why I couldn't understand you're comparison between meats are in rubbish can and meats in the shopping corner. Please don't cop out because my English sucks.
You started making a bunch of arguments before even understanding what I said.

So, no. If you want clarification on something, quote me and ask for clarification on what it means, and don't try to make arguments against it until you understand.

The way you replied to what I said made no sense and it was clear you didn't understand my post at all, so I asked you to re-read it.
seand123 wrote:I hope your comparison with meat in rubbish can and meat in a store makes sense to you. I hope you read you're own words too.
It wasn't a comparison; they are very different things. I said it's IMMORAL to buy meat from the store. But it's MORAL to eat meat from the rubbish bin. It's a totally different situation.

Every day, so much meat is thrown away which is still in good condition, and can feed many people.
When you find the meat from the grocery store rubbish, you will SAVE it from waste, and protect the environment by eating it instead of buying meat (which will harm the environment and animals).

Buying meat = Evil.
Rescuing wasted meat from rubbish = Good.

But you have to understand economics in order to do this properly.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

I'm gonna throw in my 2 cents if you don't mind

@brimstoneSalad duuude, relaaax. I'm pretty sure it's just a misunderstanding. That goes for you too @seand123. Don't make assumptions and feel threatened. brimstone is just trying to help ya' out, and you're not helping brimstone help you. It's like I'm reading a post made by Tommy Wiseau. Making sense of nonsensical terms and sentences.. Anyway, brimstone is right when you wanna be a freegan or dumpster diver, and is actually quite a resourceful alternative. I don't think it's 100% healthy with all the piss and sick floating around, but hey who am I to judge?
Anyway, sean, brimstone is being civilized as possible (or so i think), so just take a second, and think about everything before feeling threatened by someone on the internet.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Thanks Red,
RedAppleGP wrote:I don't think it's 100% healthy with all the piss and sick floating around
There's no piss or sick in dumpsters I've seen :P Everything is in bags. They bag up the food (also in packages), and it's actually super clean (surprisingly so).
If it's a really dirty dumpster, yeah, maybe stay away from that one.

You should try it some time. You can get a lot of free food (accidentally vegan food too) that's perfectly good and just has a "best by" date yesterday (which means it's still good for a few weeks at least).

I would say the meat is still not healthy, just because it's an animal product and contains saturated fat, cholesterol, extra methionine, and other unhealthy things -- but it's a great moral option if you want to help animals and the environment, but can't give up meat.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

brimstoneSalad wrote: There's no piss or sick in dumpsters I've seen :P Everything is in bags. They bag up the food (also in packages), and it's actually super clean (surprisingly so).
Well maybe in public dumpsters ;))
brimstoneSalad wrote: You should try it some time. You can get a lot of free food (accidentally vegan food too) that's perfectly good and just has a "best by" date yesterday (which means it's still good for a few weeks at least).
Hm. That actually sounds better than what it sounds like..
brimstoneSalad wrote: I would say the meat is still not healthy, just because it's an animal product and contains saturated fat, cholesterol, extra methionine, and other unhealthy things -- but it's a great moral option if you want to help animals and the environment, but can't give up meat.
Well yeah, of course meat is still unhealthy. But I guess if you're really desperate someone would try it out.. I think I'll give it a go.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
seand123

Post by seand123 »

brimstoneSalad wrote: YES, you are rude. You did not understand my post. You need to improve your English, because you totally misunderstood.
I've understand your definition of freegan ,but you didn't gave me why I'm being rude and why being vegan absolute solution to animal cruelty. You gave a pointless and long examples of freegan including my friends and families which indicates to me that you despise meat-eater as if I should go freegan. Do you think changing your or my dietary going to stop animal cruelty in reality? Understand my original question and arguments first please.

brimstoneSalad wrote: I said if you want to be freegan, you can eat meat from the rubbish bin (this is also called meagan, to distinguish from vegan freegans). This is a real attitude. People actually do this.
I knew people who may eat meat from rubbish bins, and I respect them. This is not so dirty, the meat is fresh (for example, 'expired' yesterday), and often in the package. This is their choice, and I can accept it.

I actually don't care if people go freegan or not. That's their own way to stop animal cruelty however that is still not the best way to stop animal cruelty or prove your justification of organic meat is bad.

Something like 10% of all food is wasted on a regular basis. Can you imagine how many people that can feed?

That's why I want to suggest people a portion control than not eating meat. Which is more reasonable and healthy. Can you imagine how much we can save if people stop overeating?

IF you choose to eat meat from the rubbish bin, then I will 100% respect you. I would never criticize somebody for this choice.
When you eat meat from the rubbish bin, you will reduce waste and help the environment.

I'm not freegan. Can't you tell?

Grocery stores are very wasteful, and they often throw out meat which didn't sell, even though the meat can still be eaten.
People in shopping malls will often order a burger, and take one bite and then leave their trays to be thrown away.
Then it's grocery stores fault for overproducing and wasting a perfectly good meat, we should criticize that not meat-eaters. There's nothing you can do about people throwing foods ,but we can promote people to stop wasting the foods with reasoning.

FREEGANS make the moral choice to live off the waste of society rather than create more waste and use more resources.

Don't insult Freegans.
There are people who eat vegan, except if they find meat which has been wasted they may eat it. This is called Freegan, or MMeagan.

I've never insulted freegans, but I criticize your flaw about going vegans and organic meats. You've insulted me(not freegan) for that pointless and long assumption of "if your a freegan" as if I eat meat I should go freegan. which is totally absurd solutions of yours.

"It is a moral alternative to veganism."

not an absolute solution for people's hunger and people's overeating. Again morals for whom?

AND, as to your rudeness, read the forum rules here:

https://theveganatheist.com/forum/viewt ... p=224#p224
forum rules wrote:3. Post in English (it's OK if it's a second language), and please try to use mostly proper grammar and spelling (we're not grammar nazis, but it needs to be readable). If it becomes clear your English ability is not proficient enough to understand the posts of others written in clear English, and your behavior is one of arrogance and impatience rather than humility and a willingness to improve your English level to avoid the problem in the future, you may be warned or banned.
You are welcome to participate here even if English is not your first language. Most of our members have English as their second or even third language. BUT if you can not understand what others are saying, and consistently RUDELY refuse to re-read in attempt to understand the true meaning of a post, responding as you have here with wild claims that have nothing to do with what people have said, you will cause a lot of trouble for others.

First of all. IF I couldn't understand you're stand or questions in the beginning I would've asked you and I did. You maked a false accusation . If you want me to organize all the question I can but you have to agree that you ignored all my questions and contradiction to your answer. Second is that you didn't address on what quotes have you assumed I'm being rude. Third what's this "wild claims" and "True meaning" of yours? How self-righteous do you have to be to typed those? Stop play victim card and criticize my "Wild claims" if you've understand. If you did not understand my "wild claim" then ask me politely rather accusing me of being rude.

As long as you are humble and respectfully ask me to clarify what I have said, I am happy to help you improve your English.
However, I need you to try harder first, and carefully re-read my post to try to understand.

Again, I suggest you to re-read my "Wild claims" and come up with better solution. I suggest you to criticize my claims not my grammar skill.

But don't insult anybody on this forum again when it is clear you have not understood what was posted because of your poor English level. That is not acceptable behavior.

What insult? Vegan is not an absolute solution to world problem?

FALSE.

I said it is MORAL to eat meat from a rubbish bin.
If you ate meat from a rubbish bin, I would call you a HERO.

This is called Freeganism/Meaganism. Freegans are good people, who do not waste. Instead, they consume food which others have carelessly wasted.

Do I have to up bring your pointless and your rude assumption of my friends and families would intentionally throw meat in trash in order for me to eat? I criticize your attitude toward meat-eater not freegan.

FALSE.

Re-read my post.

Some fake freegans, who do not understand freeganism, believe there is a loophole in freeganism, where if their friends place plates of meat on the rubbish bin to give to them, that's freegan. Or if they mooch meat from others, it's freegan. It is not.

You totally misunderstood my post.

I'm pretty sure you contradicted to yourself right there. You know freegan are a way to stop wasting food so they look for a meats in the rubbish bin in the first place ,but freegan would refuse meat from friend's offers which could've been a leftover? Are you seriously suggesting me that freegan would refuse all meat which could've been thrown in the trash?

seand123 wrote:And you calling me I'm rude.
Yes, you are RUDE. You didn't understand my post because your English is poor. That's OK to have poor English. But if your English is poor you should be HUMBLE, try harder, and ask for help.
Don't ASSUME the meaning of what somebody is saying and try to argue against him or her right away.

"Yes, you are RUDE. You didn't understand my post because your English is poor." False accusation, I literally quoted your words in order to point out your flaws in the response. Then you say I've misunderstood your post? really?

"That's OK to have poor English. But if your English is poor you should be HUMBLE, try harder, and ask for help." Well, if my English was poor you would've criticize my sentences in which you didn't. You asked humble but in another way you are asking for my submissive to your false claim and I did ask you a lot of questions and contradiction to your claims.

Instead of being humble, you have been arrogant, and made incorrect assumptions about what I said.

You're making a false accusation without any quotes from mine being rude and played a victim card instead of rationally argue with me.
Seriously dude? Aren't you atheist? Couldn't you think more rationally and ask me?

You started making a bunch of arguments before even understanding what I said.

Didn't I put your quotes next to my arguments? And you still think I didn't understand you?

So, no. If you want clarification on something, quote me and ask for clarification on what it means, and don't try to make arguments against it until you understand.

How would I make a arguments without understanding you're quotes. I literally put a quotes next to my argument in order for you to understand my criticism to your contradiction.

The way you replied to what I said made no sense and it was clear you didn't understand my post at all, so I asked you to re-read it.

My sentences didn't make any sense therefore I was being rude without understanding. That's sounds like as If I don't understand God therefore I'm being rude without understanding the God when I criticize their claims. What a hypocrite.

It wasn't a comparison; they are very different things. I said it's IMMORAL to buy meat from the store. But it's MORAL to eat meat from the rubbish bin. It's a totally different situation.
Original question: "Is being vegan absolute way to detest the animal production(animal cruelty)?

and you brought freegan over which is still not an absolute way to detest the animal production(animal cruelty). It was about vegan. I didn't ask if I have any solution to detest the animal cruelty. The key word was "Absolute".

Every day, so much meat is thrown away which is still in good condition, and can feed many people.

I agree with this

When you find the meat from the grocery store rubbish, you will SAVE it from waste, and protect the environment by eating it instead of buying meat (which will harm the environment and animals).

Buying meat = Evil.
Rescuing wasted meat from rubbish = Good.

But you have to understand economics in order to do this properly.

Now this is a irrational thoughts. How come you concluded that buying meat is evil? Don't you have to criticize how grocery store sell them and criticize their method of handling? Don't we have to criticize the people's diet to stop over demanding the meat rather saying meat is bad? You going vegan or promoting vegan won't save the environment, stop animal cruelty and promote people's healthy dietary(not fully vegan). Plus you won't able convince the meat-eater for their healthy diet. You can't criticize meat-eaters because they purchase meat, we should criticize the unhealthy way of meat factories promoting the meat. Stop targeting the meat, target the people's health dietary(balanced), meat companies unnatural way to farm, meat companies overproduction and people over demanding a meat.

If I see people overeat sugar I suggest them to minimize sugar for health issue.
If I see people overeat meat I suggest them to minimize meat for health issue.
If I see people overeat sodium I suggest them to minimize sodium for health issue.
If I see people overeat carbohydrate I suggest them to minimize carbohydrate for health issue.

It's about education for nutrition facts. You can't blame meat for people ignorance.

People have different cases depended on their diet. You can't just blindly say "Meat is overall bad". Which is not true.