is this product legit?

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
Bright Future
Diet: Vegetarian

is this product legit?

Post by Bright Future »

you may know the cold pressed tablets "thor's hammer" (pure chlorella/spirulina). I have tried these in the past at a friends house, but never on a long term. just wondering if this actually works.

thank you
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: is this product legit?

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Bright Future wrote:you may know the cold pressed tablets "thor's hammer" (pure chlorella/spirulina). I have tried these in the past at a friends house, but never on a long term. just wondering if this actually works.
No, it's snake oil.

Beans and legumes are your best friends for nutrients, and much cheaper than this.
ThatNerdyScienceGirl
Diet: Vegetarian

Re: is this product legit?

Post by ThatNerdyScienceGirl »

Bright Future wrote:you may know the cold pressed tablets "thor's hammer" (pure chlorella/spirulina). I have tried these in the past at a friends house, but never on a long term. just wondering if this actually works.

thank you
Like Ginkgo Biloba and Valerian Root, these are not known to be effective at all. You're better off getting protein and anti-oxidants from beans, legumes, and the like. When it comes to "Natural" and "Raw" supplements that are not multi-vitamins or iron pills, just... don't. Almost 100% of everything labeled "Natural" or "Raw", etc, are simply a waste of your hard-earned money.