ecornell certificate in plant-based nutrition

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
Jebus
Master of the Forum
Diet: Vegan

ecornell certificate in plant-based nutrition

Post by Jebus »

I am thinking seriously about doing this online course. http://www.ecornell.com/certificates/pl ... nutrition/

Please let me know if you have heard anything good or bad about the program.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: ecornell certificate in plant-based nutrition

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Ah, I've heard of this. I didn't realize it was Cornell.

It's T. Colin Campbell. So, any criticism applying to him may apply to that as well. He leans toward the starch based stuff.
Low carb is bad when it means high meat, but I don't believe there's any evidence against a low carb vegan diet. Vegetable fats and proteins are quite healthy, and may represent a more nutritious diet than that advocated by high carb gurus. I lean more toward advocating the advice of Fuhrman than the starch guys (Campbell and McDougall) -- like my being anti-rice, and more pro-beans and larger amounts of greens.

http://nutritionstudies.org/12-questions-answered-regarding-vitamin-b12/
Advice on B-12 is sound, though.

I haven't heard anything bad in particular, I just don't know quite what it contains.
Since the certification may be useful to you at work, and it's relatively cheap... I'd say do it (I would, in your position). Doesn't look like it takes a very long time either.

Maybe you can give us details on it as you take it, and we can have a really good review for others if they decide they're interested in it.