Cowspiracy

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
knot
Master in Training

Cowspiracy

Post by knot »

This movie seems like it's by far the most effective in changing people's minds and making them go vegan these days. I even just saw that MrRepzion is going vegetarian for 30 days after having watched it.

How come it's so effective? I'm not sure, but I have some guesses:
1. It focuses on the environment, something most people care a lot about. I think the idea of animal rights is still too alien to many people, especially men..
2. The narrator starts off without having many answers, so the viewer can better identify with his journey. This makes it seem like the movie isn't just "preachy" propaganda

I think the environmental argument might be the most effective. In my experience, men generally don't seem to care as much about either their health or animal well-being
Insert name here

Re: Cowspiracy

Post by Insert name here »

It seems as though it's a good tool to persuade people, I'll have to watch it myself. I was surprised to see that it convinced Mrrepzion to go vegatarian, given his videos and comments against veganism that he has made in the past. I didn't think that men in particular would be unswayed by moral/ethical arguements, but if it is true, then just use the environmental arguements.
Insert signature here.
miniboes
Master of the Forum
Diet: Vegan

Post by miniboes »

It's extremely effective. It could also be that it's on netflix, and earthlings is not.
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Post by brimstoneSalad »

miniboes wrote:It's extremely effective. It could also be that it's on netflix, and earthlings is not.
Absolutely.

I think it comes off as more documentary, as has a more "unbiased" feel to it, since the maker was saying he was a meat eater.
I couldn't imagine Earthlings being on Netflix, but they're promoting cowspiracy pretty well in recommendations.