I have a confession:

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
Dizzy
Diet: Vegan

I have a confession:

Post by Dizzy »

Okay so since Saturday, I have been a vegan because I have seen the opression that White people have done to animals for food and scientific research, but earlier today, I have done an horrible thing:
So me and my buddy Marty were going to Joe's Chicken House, you probably haven't heard of it, but it is a fast food restaurant and it does the most AMAZING fried chicken, and better yet, it is completely natural, as God (capitalized, sorry for any offence caused), intended, none of that processed GMO crap! And while we was in there, Marty said to me "Your going to have the large bucket, right?" and I was about to say "fuck yeah!" but then I remembered, I can't eat no more fried chicken, because meat is murder! so I said "Nah, I'm gonna have me a salad" and Marty said to me "A salad, is yo ass crazy, dawg?" and I said "Nah, bro, I can't eat any more fried chicken, it's evil, I'm a vegan now, you should be a vegan too" and he said "Fuck that shit!" So he got his large bucket of fried chicken and I got my salad, and I got a whiff of his chicken and it smelt so damn good, and I had finished my salad by now, so I was basically just ogling his bucket and he was like "Yo, you sure you don't want any chicken?" and I was silent, I didn't say nothing, but he says "Look, I'mma just give you a piece because damn son, you clearly want that shit!" and then when I got home, I was looking at the chicken like "Well shit, do I eat it or not?", now, I wish I could say that I did the right thing and threw that shit in the trash, but satan tempted me into evil, and I did eat it, and it was so damn good, but I swear, I felt really bad after, so like, what now? Am I still a vegan or what? Please say I am because I already got myself a tattoo with "PROUD VEGAN" written on it! HELP!
knot
Master in Training

Re: I have a confession:

Post by knot »

Can you explain how you became a white nationalist instead? I would find that much more interesting than your unfunny trolling :(
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

well that's just having no will power m9.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

I don't know if this is true or not, but assuming it is...

You didn't actually do anything wrong by eating the meat. There's nothing wrong with eating animals; it's the killing and abuse that is wrong. Simply eating meat doesn't cause the abuse; increasing demand for it does. The same amount of meat would've been bought regardless of whether or not you ate any, so you eating any is irrelevant.
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

EquALLity didn't type, but wrote: You didn't actually do anything wrong by eating the meat.There's nothing wrong with eating animals; it's the killing and abuse that is wrong.
Well that's really all up to which vegan you ask. Some vegans like Bruce Friedrich are concerned about how ethically treated the animals are (animals being the ones people eat duh), and other Vegans are concerned about the animals all together (See Gary L. Francione), and are concered more about their freedom. I take the Francione approach.
EquALLity did not say, but rather wrote: Simply eating meat doesn't cause the abuse; increasing demand for it does. The same amount of meat would've been bought regardless of whether or not you ate any, so you eating any is irrelevant.
Well when you go the shops and purchase the meat, you are fueling the buisnesses who are in control of such industries, allowing them to continue force breeding animals and taking their meat an such. And when you spend 7 bucks at KFC, you are also allowing to keep the property up, which will continue to purchase meat from factory farms and such. I'm pretty sure everyone knows this, but I'll say for clarifacation. If less and less people purchase a product from such industries, the industries will eventually not have enough money to keep their buinesses up, and will eventually go out of buisness (take THAT capitalists!). I guess what I'm going for here is that if you spend money for meat products, that keeps the industry alive, and will continue doing what it does (sadly) just for money, without any concern for the animals that are tortured and slaughtered. And eating the meat kinda sorta maybe means you support the tortue and death of animals. Unless you are planning on changing your diet, in which case, good on ya!
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
Dizzy

Post by Dizzy »

knot wrote:Can you explain how you became a white nationalist instead? I would find that much more interesting than your unfunny trolling :(
FUCK YOU! I HATE WHITE PEOPLE! I AM ANYTHING BUT A WHITE NATIONALIST YOU STUPID CRACKER!
Dizzy

Post by Dizzy »

RedAppleGP wrote:well that's just having no will power m9.
Oh come on, please, I'm really sorry, pretty please, can I still be a Vegan?
Dizzy

Post by Dizzy »

EquALLity wrote:I don't know if this is true or not, but assuming it is...

You didn't actually do anything wrong by eating the meat. There's nothing wrong with eating animals; it's the killing and abuse that is wrong. Simply eating meat doesn't cause the abuse; increasing demand for it does. The same amount of meat would've been bought regardless of whether or not you ate any, so you eating any is irrelevant.
Well shit, dawg, I guess I'll continue to eat meat, but not buy it, I'll just steal it from peeps' tables when they aint lookin.
Dizzy

Post by Dizzy »

RedAppleGP wrote:
EquALLity didn't type, but wrote: You didn't actually do anything wrong by eating the meat.There's nothing wrong with eating animals; it's the killing and abuse that is wrong.
Well that's really all up to which vegan you ask. Some vegans like Bruce Friedrich are concerned about how ethically treated the animals are (animals being the ones people eat duh), and other Vegans are concerned about the animals all together (See Gary L. Francione), and are concered more about their freedom. I take the Francione approach.
EquALLity did not say, but rather wrote: Simply eating meat doesn't cause the abuse; increasing demand for it does. The same amount of meat would've been bought regardless of whether or not you ate any, so you eating any is irrelevant.
Well when you go the shops and purchase the meat, you are fueling the buisnesses who are in control of such industries, allowing them to continue force breeding animals and taking their meat an such. And when you spend 7 bucks at KFC, you are also allowing to keep the property up, which will continue to purchase meat from factory farms and such. I'm pretty sure everyone knows this, but I'll say for clarifacation. If less and less people purchase a product from such industries, the industries will eventually not have enough money to keep their buinesses up, and will eventually go out of buisness (take THAT capitalists!). I guess what I'm going for here is that if you spend money for meat products, that keeps the industry alive, and will continue doing what it does (sadly) just for money, without any concern for the animals that are tortured and slaughtered. And eating the meat kinda sorta maybe means you support the tortue and death of animals. Unless you are planning on changing your diet, in which case, good on ya!
Shut up bitch, I'm still gonna steal my meat, it aint gonna make me any less of a Vegan and you know it, smh.
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

RedAppleGP wrote:Well that's really all up to which vegan you ask. Some vegans like Bruce Friedrich are concerned about how ethically treated the animals are (animals being the ones people eat duh), and other Vegans are concerned about the animals all together (See Gary L. Francione), and are concered more about their freedom. I take the Francione approach.
The Francione approach? o_O

I don't agree with them about that. :P
Why would it be wrong to milk a cow and drink the milk, in and of itself?
RedAppleGP wrote:Well when you go the shops and purchase the meat, you are fueling the buisnesses who are in control of such industries, allowing them to continue force breeding animals and taking their meat an such. And when you spend 7 bucks at KFC, you are also allowing to keep the property up, which will continue to purchase meat from factory farms and such. I'm pretty sure everyone knows this, but I'll say for clarifacation. If less and less people purchase a product from such industries, the industries will eventually not have enough money to keep their buinesses up, and will eventually go out of buisness (take THAT capitalists!). I guess what I'm going for here is that if you spend money for meat products, that keeps the industry alive, and will continue doing what it does (sadly) just for money, without any concern for the animals that are tortured and slaughtered. And eating the meat kinda sorta maybe means you support the tortue and death of animals. Unless you are planning on changing your diet, in which case, good on ya!
What? No, I'm just saying that buying meat is unethical, not eating it.

If there is meat already purchased, and it would go to waste anyway, it would do no wrong to eat the meat.
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx