Nature is cruel, therefore exploitation can be better?

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
Anon0045
Diet: Vegan

Re: Nature is cruel, therefore exploitation can be better?

Post by Anon0045 »

brimstoneSalad wrote:
Anon0045 wrote: I do think violation of privacy is wrong, and killing is one of the worst violations and terrible. I don't think a lack of life is terrible however. It's similar to when someone has cut down a very old tree. You know it can't be undone or you'll have to wait hundreds of years for another tree to grow that big, and you feel kind of bad because of it.
:? What?
What what? The analogy? Yes, an old tree cut down is not killed very young, and I don't assume trees feel anything in case you thought I did... This was just to explain that I don't empathize with the dead, because there is nothing. It's only the living that matters. A lack of life is just that.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

You don't think it's worse to be killed as a child, rather than at the end of your life as an old person?
Anon0045

Post by Anon0045 »

brimstoneSalad wrote:You don't think it's worse to be killed as a child, rather than at the end of your life as an old person?
No.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

Anon0045 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:45 pm
brimstoneSalad wrote:You don't think it's worse to be killed as a child, rather than at the end of your life as an old person?
No.
Why?
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
cornivore

Post by cornivore »

Interjecting here, because children don't think that way (they just want to eat the world, and man is cruel for cutting it up to give them choking hazards).