Chocolate Lovers Thread

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
caLRo

Chocolate Lovers Thread

Post by caLRo »

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Maker

And when I found out that dark chocolate is considered the most vegan friendly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs
Enjoying a mystery meal on a wobbly bridge between Veganland and Meatland. Care to cross the bridge halfway to have lunch with me?
(Away/hiatus, back by mid-august)
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Chocolate Lovers Thread

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Definitely!

I eat dark chocolate now and then, but not too often (it's vegan, but not super healthy due to sugar and fat).

The most healthy is actually cocoa powder. Dr. Greger made a video on that one, but I had been eating it for decades before that:

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/cocoa-g ... olate-bad/

Not only vegan, but healthy :) (that is, if you avoid the cocoa butter and sugar)

Try Cocoa with fruit and nuts (you can make a smoothie, or use a food processor to mix cocoa, nuts, and dried fruit, then press it into a home made super-healthy chocolate bar)!

That's a great option for eating every day.
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

I actually really enjoyed learning to eat dark (as in, 70-85% dark) chocolate. After that, white and milk chocolate taste gross to me. In the Netherlands, all brands I've seen are vegan when 70% cacao or up except for Cote D'or. I particularly like Tony's Chocoloney and the Swiss brands.

I rarely buy chocolate myself, for the reasons Brimstone mentioned and because it's darn expensive. Store brands are okay, but I really don't like my local supermarket's chocolate.
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

miniboes wrote: I rarely buy chocolate myself, for the reasons Brimstone mentioned and because it's darn expensive. Store brands are okay, but I really don't like my local supermarket's chocolate.
Have you ever made your own with fruit, nuts, and cocoa powder?