Please ban Jesus Christ is Lord

Technical problems, questions, comments, and suggestions for the forum and wiki.

Jebus
Master of the Forum
Diet: Vegan

Please ban Jesus Christ is Lord

Post by Jebus »

This is clearly the Vegan Christian 1-4. The heavy use of CAPS in his posts makes this evident. It's a troll that adds nothing but annoyance to our forum.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: Please ban Jesus Christ is Lord

Post by brimstoneSalad »

If his or her first language is English, I would support requiring him or her to use proper grammar and spelling, no abbreviations, and no more CAPS.
This might also affect another forum member though. You can probably guess who. It would be unfair to enforce that rule on one and not another.

I don't know if it's the same user or not. It's a different character, though. I'm assuming it's a different troll. He or she hasn't been spammy to the extent of the other one yet.
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

If people stop responding, I don't think JCL will stick around. Trolls want attention, right? We should probably just ignore them.

I might be adding to the problem a bit by posting this, but if it motivates people to stop trying to reason with the troll, I guess it's worth it.
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
Lightningman_42
Master in Training

Post by Lightningman_42 »

I for one am in favor of banning "Jesus Christ is Lord." His posts tend to be very long, nonsensical, and obnoxious. It seems to me that he will make many more such annoying posts even if we don't pay attention to him.
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil but because of those who look on and do nothing."
-Albert Einstein
Insert name here

Post by Insert name here »

I can agree that he offers nothing of value to the forum, having various debates with him, I know that he is not interested in an actual conversation and more interested in spouting of statements of nonsense. I do think that he is a troll. Mainly because my sanity would not hold together if JCL is sincere, then again, maybe I lost my mind a long time ago. The end point is, I don't think that we should ban JCL just for posting nonsense arguements, if he is to be banned, I would hope that the reason is to stop him from disrupting the forums (Making several pointless posts to take up space in a forum therefore making it harder on the rest of us.) but I do think that if we ignore him he will go away.
Insert signature here.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

It's important for real Christians and Muslims and others to know that this is a place they can come to discuss these things without the risk of being banned.
If JCL is banned, it will have to be for a serious rule infraction that is applied evenly and fairly which we can point to, to show other "christians" why it happened and how they can avoid being banned.

The character is currently walking a fine line, but unless he or she steps over that line, it's hard to substantiate a banning.
ArmouredAbolitionist wrote:It seems to me that he will make many more such annoying posts even if we don't pay attention to him.
Then there would be justification for banning (spamming the forum).

If you ignore the troll, either it will go away, or violate the rules to be noticed, which would make a banning (and removing posts) a viable option.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

http://theveganatheist.com/forum/viewto ... 8505#p8505

I found a rule violation. This was Spamming.
IMO it's not sufficient to ban him, but it's sufficient to issue a warning and tell him to improve his behavior.
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

brimstoneSalad wrote:I don't know if it's the same user or not. It's a different character, though. I'm assuming it's a different troll. He or she hasn't been spammy to the extent of the other one yet.
I just had a closer look and I think it might be a different person. These are the commonalities: poor grammar, frequent use of caps, short statements with little or no back-up, ending each post with a "God Bless" or "Jesus loves you" type statement.

However, there are also differences. The Vegan Christian never used paragraphs. He used more SMS style abbreviations, like "U" instead of "you." He also wrote that Hitler was one of his idols and even had a swastika on his avatar. JC is L seems to be against Hitler as he branded him an atheist.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

I think it's a different person. There are plenty of trolls on the internet.

He or she ignored the warning. If you see any posts by that user, don't bother to reply. They won't be around for long.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

"Please ban Jesus Christ is Lord"

There is no user by that name. :D