Ways to Make The Forum Better - Suggestions

Technical problems, questions, comments, and suggestions for the forum and wiki.

PrincessPeach
Diet: Vegan

Re: Ways to Make The Forum Better - Suggestions

Post by PrincessPeach »

I would love to see a blog section added to the forums I don't know how well you know javascript but it's pretty easy to code out (i've been coding since age 8 though)
Also have you thought of integrating the FacebookConnect plugin for the forums ??? We would get a lot of followers and traffic that way, come on I know you can do it !
Don't be a waste of molecules
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

PrincessPeach wrote:I would love to see a blog section added to the forums I don't know how well you know javascript but it's pretty easy to code out (i've been coding since age 8 though)
Also have you thought of integrating the FacebookConnect plugin for the forums ??? We would get a lot of followers and traffic that way, come on I know you can do it !

I have no idea how to do any of that. Is there a website or link you can provide to show me how to do that? Would anyone else be interested in this? Also could you explain to me what a facebookconnect plugin would do and how it functions?
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
Volenta
Master in Training

Post by Volenta »

PrincessPeach wrote:I would love to see a blog section added to the forums I don't know how well you know javascript but it's pretty easy to code out (i've been coding since age 8 though)
What do you want a blog for?
PrincessPeach

Post by PrincessPeach »

TheVeganAtheist wrote:
I have no idea how to do any of that. Is there a website or link you can provide to show me how to do that? Would anyone else be interested in this? Also could you explain to me what a facebookconnect plugin would do and how it functions?

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/ja ... start/v2.1

There is also a tutorial video !

EDIT:

This will allow users to log in with their facebook(less trolls), use the like button, generates more traffic..

About adding a blog to your site sorry I didn't address that I got confused.
Did you do any of the coding for this site? If so adding a blog shouldn't be that hard at all for you to get. If you do not have basic knowledge of HTML and CSS well it may get confusing . I'll just give you some links on how to do, it will be like the facebookconnect app I was talking about, you will need to integrate wordpress into this site.

http://moshublog.com/2005/07/05/integrate/
Last edited by PrincessPeach on Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
PrincessPeach

Post by PrincessPeach »

Volenta wrote: What do you want a blog for?

I want the blog mainly because; this is TVA site so it would be a good idea for him to blog on his site, that creates content & could possibly drive more visitors to the forums..

I should have specified that I wanted TVA to blog specifically(people would be very interested in your thoughts and you could take a few minutes every day/ every other day to write about your thoughts) we could also have administrator approval for certain stories that can be submitted by other users.
AM V12

Post by AM V12 »

On a couple of the other forums I use there is the option to "thank" another user's post. This allows a user to show support for a particular post, show that they feel the same way or think that the post is valuable, without having to post again. I would find this very useful as there have been many times when I agree with a post but I don't think it's worth posting "I agree" or the like. For example this evening I was about to reply to a post with a logical fallacy and give a link. Before I posted I checked and thebestofenergy had done the same thing. I would have liked to be able to "thank" them as I would have done the same thing :)
I hope that made sense and that it is easy to apply. Here's a picture to explain. Image
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

AM V12 wrote:On a couple of the other forums I use there is the option to "thank" another user's post...
There needs to be a thank/agree button so I can thank/agree with this post. :)

Seconded.
Neptual

Post by Neptual »

brimstoneSalad wrote:
AM V12 wrote:On a couple of the other forums I use there is the option to "thank" another user's post...
There needs to be a thank/agree button so I can thank/agree with this post. :)

Seconded.
This is for The Vegan Atheist. Also you're welcome :) https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=1115275
She's beautiful...
Neptual

Post by Neptual »

TheVeganAtheist wrote: I have no idea how to do any of that. Is there a website or link you can provide to show me how to do that? Would anyone else be interested in this? Also could you explain to me what a facebookconnect plugin would do and how it functions?
https://docs.oneall.com/plugins/guide/s ... gin-phpbb/ Try this out.
She's beautiful...
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Thanks Dan. I will look into these and try and install them in the next few days.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics