Please Link (on your blog, etc.) to the forum if you like it

Technical problems, questions, comments, and suggestions for the forum and wiki.

brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Please Link (on your blog, etc.) to the forum if you like it

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Hi all, there aren't very many incoming links to the forum. If you have a blog or site, please make a blog post about the forum or include it on your site in a link section or wherever and link to it. Even if your blog is small, that will help us rise in search ranks a bit so we can gain users organically. (This is actually a slow period for internet postings in general, but a forum acquires new users or it dies).

My hope is to make it to the top of the search results page some day so people looking for vegan advice online can find sound philosophy free of pseudoscience and alienation/echo-chambers.

No need to spam links (like in comment sections of sites you don't control) that doesn't help. ;)

Thanks!
RJhywody

Please Link on your blog etc to the forum if you like it

Post by RJhywody »

Click on edit, then bottom right advanced and there you can change the title
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: Please Link (on your blog, etc.) to the forum if you like it

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Some of us might even want to consider blogging, if anybody is so inclined.

What's a good free/easy blog service?
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Re: Please Link (on your blog, etc.) to the forum if you like it

Post by miniboes »

brimstoneSalad wrote:Some of us might even want to consider blogging, if anybody is so inclined.

What's a good free/easy blog service?
Google's Blogger appears to be the best free service out there. I've used it for school projects, and it's quite simple to use. You can customize the templates a lot. Wordpress is also free, but you'll have to run it on your own server and have a bit more know-how.
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Re: View first unread post

Post by miniboes »

kapriolvtu wrote:Moreover I am seeing the thread post that was posted long before like 3 years 4 years back. How can I view the recent thread posted? So hope the discussion will be interactive.
On the top right, click "quick links" and then "active topics". Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your time.
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: View first unread post

Post by brimstoneSalad »

miniboes wrote:
kapriolvtu wrote:Moreover I am seeing the thread post that was posted long before like 3 years 4 years back. How can I view the recent thread posted? So hope the discussion will be interactive.
On the top right, click "quick links" and then "active topics". Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your time.
That was a spammer. When something doesn't really make sense, you can search for it in Google in quotes.
These spam bots are sophisticated, they build up posts over time to get link posting permissions, but they're all random posts copied from other forums.