SPAM-Question = Hurdle to Join

Technical problems, questions, comments, and suggestions for the forum and wiki.

spade
Diet: Vegan

SPAM-Question = Hurdle to Join

Post by spade »

I have had a hard time registering, because all my answers to the SPAM-question "Vegans don't, or try not to, wear any _____" resulted in the error "You have provided an invalid answer to the question." Since from my perspective there is no one right answer, there should be a hint to help to give the acceptable answer, like "one three character word".

I tried in this order "the skin of an animal", "leather", "wool". If the question remains the same, why not accept all valid answers?

Lastly I got the message "You have exceeded the maximum number of registration attempts for this session. Please try again later." I tried after 30 minutes, an hour, two hours; no success. I finally used a different browser and the answer fur and was successful.

I think the process can be made a bit more predictable. Not everybody might have the same high frustration tolerance like I do and might rather give up. Or is this part of an initiation process?
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Re: SPAM-Question = Hurdle to Join

Post by miniboes »

Welcome, spade! I'm sorry you had so much trouble registering. I'm sure it will be fixed. I hope your experience on the forum will be worth the effort. Be sure to make an introduction post!
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: SPAM-Question = Hurdle to Join

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Leather and wool are both acceptable answers to that question The skin of an animal wasn't, but now is.

There are actually two questions. I'm guessing what happened was that at first it gave you the question ""Vegans don't, or try not to, wear any _____"
To which you gave your answer which wasn't on the list.
Then it gave you the question "Vegans don't, or try not to, consume any _____" and you thought it was the other question and answered "leather", and then you got unlucky and it asked you the 'consume' question again and you answered "wool" (also not on the list).

Sounds like a case of bad luck, and the questions looking similar. Are you certain it was the same question every time?