Youtube video conversions: Need voices.

Technical problems, questions, comments, and suggestions for the forum and wiki.

brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Youtube video conversions: Need voices.

Post by brimstoneSalad »

RedAppleGP wrote:Good thinking. I'll paraphrase it, run it by you to see if it's good, then I'll record it.
I'd just record it on the fly. Piece by piece. You can re-record and edit something later if it doesn't make sense.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

brimstoneSalad wrote:
RedAppleGP wrote:Good thinking. I'll paraphrase it, run it by you to see if it's good, then I'll record it.
I'd just record it on the fly. Piece by piece. You can re-record and edit something later if it doesn't make sense.
What does that mean exactly? Just record it however I think makes the most sense, then compose it together?
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

This is taking forever but I hope this is ok
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1eVx7TOD9QY
-Leonardo da Vinci
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

RedAppleGP wrote:
brimstoneSalad wrote:
What does that mean exactly? Just record it however I think makes the most sense, then compose it together?
Like, read it silently (in your head), then put the script away and record you explaining it in your own words (with no script).
If something doesn't come out right, you can edit it and record a new sentence or paragraph for that part again later.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

Hey, sorry for being quiet about this for almost a year, but I've been practicing with my mic and trying all the different settings in audacity, I think I'll give this another chance.
-Leonardo da Vinci
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

RedAppleGP wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:22 pm Hey, sorry for being quiet about this for almost a year, but I've been practicing with my mic and trying all the different settings in audacity, I think I'll give this another chance.
Awesome! And if anything is hard to say remember you can change the wording. It's not all speaking friendly.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:57 am Awesome! And if anything is hard to say remember you can change the wording. It's not all speaking friendly.
Heh, alright I'll rephrase it in simpler terms but it'll still mean the same thing. Want me to rewrite some parts then you proof read it?
I also noticed that there was some profanity, would you like me to censor swears?
-Leonardo da Vinci
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

RedAppleGP wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:45 pmWant me to rewrite some parts then you proof read it?
Sure, or you can just record a bit. The most important is clear enunciation.

Don't hesitate to repeat lines if you think you flubbed them a bit; it usually takes a few times to get them right, and the flubs can be edited out pretty easily.
RedAppleGP wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:45 pmI also noticed that there was some profanity, would you like me to censor swears?
Good idea, removing profanity is probably safer for youtube.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

Ok, here's the first bit. Tell me whatever is necessary.
https://vocaroo.com/i/s0wx7Bg6WyPH

I know it sounds low quality, but whenever I upload to Vocaroo, it decreases the sound quality a notch. I'll try exporting it as different audio files to see if that does anything.

Oh yeah, when you refer to Benatar via his quotations, should I say those too? I'm thinking of saying "Benatar said . . ." or maybe giving it a pretentious voice.

But that'd be "unprofessional."
-Leonardo da Vinci
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Your enunciation is better, but you might be talking a little too loud and too close to the mic (enunciation doesn't have to be loud).
You have a little Shatner-esque delivery there too, it's hard to follow. I think you may be running out of breath and punching out the word groupings, or just reading them in small segments without context. Can you try to speak a bit more naturally in terms of flow? If necessary we can speed up the audio a little later. Clarity is more important than speed.