Youtube video conversions: Need voices.

Technical problems, questions, comments, and suggestions for the forum and wiki.

brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Youtube video conversions: Need voices.

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Let's convert some topics/threads into youtube videos to get the information out there and attract members.

Who has a good mic and recording location and can do voice work? Can you upload a sample?

We can go with different people for different videos, we'll just have to aim for clear enunciation and somebody who can read the not-written-for speech tongue twisters of forum text in a lively and upbeat way (and quickly).
AlexanderVeganTheist

Re: Youtube video conversions: Need voices.

Post by AlexanderVeganTheist »

I have a good mic, I would like to do it. This is my music channel (I don't really update it often, and it's not really serious (dare I say, silly)): https://soundcloud.com/k2aa72
There you can hear my voice reading a silly poem :p.

I can read a sample text as well, could you provide one?
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

AlexanderVeganTheist wrote: I can read a sample text as well, could you provide one?
You could try reading a couple hundred words from a recent post, like:
http://philosophicalvegan.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2215
ThinkAboutThis

Post by ThinkAboutThis »

I'm down, depending on the topic.
AlexanderVeganTheist

brimstoneSalad wrote:
AlexanderVeganTheist wrote: I can read a sample text as well, could you provide one?
You could try reading a couple hundred words from a recent post, like:
http://philosophicalvegan.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2215
I recorded my reading of the first part of the first post. It was actually a quite hard post to read, because you have to think of a way to "pronounce" the diagrams on the fly, and also talk around the quotes and so on... Of course, if you make a video you can actually show the diagrams and quotes.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1bVl3FUZy63 this is an upload of my third take... The third time I knew how I wanted to pronounce the diagrams.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

AlexanderVeganTheist wrote:It was actually a quite hard post to read, because you have to think of a way to "pronounce" the diagrams on the fly, and also talk around the quotes and so on... Of course, if you make a video you can actually show the diagrams and quotes.
Yes, we'll show the diagrams and quotes. :D
AlexanderVeganTheist wrote:http://vocaroo.com/i/s1bVl3FUZy63 this is an upload of my third take... The third time I knew how I wanted to pronounce the diagrams.
Your voice sounds good and your pronunciation is clear, the only problem is the speed: the videos would be too long. Can you try a faster read? Thanks!
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

Sounds good. I actually wanted to convert some of my posts and others here (I would give credit) into YouTube videos. I'm working on getting my channel started. It sounds like a good way to get my feet of the ground, and I'd like to talk a bit about philosophy and shit. I don't like channels that talk about popular culture (like I Hate Everything and GradeAUnderA), since they always come off as, what's the term, snobby and they don't really seem to be the intellectuals that people make them out to be. I can't believe I'm saying this, but The Amazing Atheist in his earlier years was more of an intellectual. I'd probably talk about things like video games (maybe not, because I only play 2, and they're from the same series), maybe movies, but probably not. My Girlfriend post is one I've been dying to convert into a video.

I would help you guys out with this, but I don't have a mic, and there's a lot of echo in my room. I may invest in one soon (since my birthday is soon coming up). I'd love to help! Then again, I'm only 14, and I don't think anyone would take my voice seriously.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

question, where would we upload these videos? TheVeganAtheist's channel?
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
AlexanderVeganTheist

brimstoneSalad wrote:
AlexanderVeganTheist wrote:It was actually a quite hard post to read, because you have to think of a way to "pronounce" the diagrams on the fly, and also talk around the quotes and so on... Of course, if you make a video you can actually show the diagrams and quotes.
Yes, we'll show the diagrams and quotes. :D
AlexanderVeganTheist wrote:http://vocaroo.com/i/s1bVl3FUZy63 this is an upload of my third take... The third time I knew how I wanted to pronounce the diagrams.
Your voice sounds good and your pronunciation is clear, the only problem is the speed: the videos would be too long. Can you try a faster read? Thanks!
I don't think I could do it a lot faster... I can give it one more try. I could also speed up the playing speed. (This is what I usually do with YouTube videos, it saves a lot of time)
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

AlexanderVeganTheist wrote: I don't think I could do it a lot faster... I can give it one more try. I could also speed up the playing speed. (This is what I usually do with YouTube videos, it saves a lot of time)
We could experiment with that. There may also be some programs that can automatically remove some of the time in the pauses too.