Youtube video conversions: Need voices.

Technical problems, questions, comments, and suggestions for the forum and wiki.

brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Youtube video conversions: Need voices.

Post by brimstoneSalad »

RedAppleGP wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:33 pm edit: Oh yeah, uh, if we're gonna make these videos, I'll be happy to edit them.
If you have free time, I'd rather you had more time to record more scripts. Editing takes a loooong time.
DarlBundren
Diet: Vegetarian

Post by DarlBundren »

brimstoneSalad wrote:This might be?
https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/shrinknp_200_200/AAEAAQAAAAAAAAmAAAAAJDdiN2QyMTNiLWMyNTktNDEyOS04ZjNlLTJhNTRkOThlYmUwYg.jpg
I don't think that's him. He's known to be an extremely private person.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:28 am
RedAppleGP wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:33 pm edit: Oh yeah, uh, if we're gonna make these videos, I'll be happy to edit them.
If you have free time, I'd rather you had more time to record more scripts. Editing takes a loooong time.
Hey man it's no problem, I do it all the time. I could do it for money. I don't. But I could.

How about I try editing the first video, and if I feel as though I can do it, I'll keep going. Of course having other editors and voice worker would be nice to get more things done.

All I need are guidelines on what has to be done.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

RedAppleGP wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:44 am How about I try editing the first video, and if I feel as though I can do it, I'll keep going.
Sure. We'll try to have some images ready once audio is done.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:41 pm
RedAppleGP wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:44 am How about I try editing the first video, and if I feel as though I can do it, I'll keep going.
Sure. We'll try to have some images ready once audio is done.
I know that we'll have a few images from forum posts, but are we gonna get some stock photos? I guess we'll get them through patreon support.
Oh yeah, and you were being sarcastic a bit in your post to Benatar (not a bad thing). I'm just saying.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0JYlfzQfI80
Last edited by Red on Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Leonardo da Vinci
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

RedAppleGP wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:50 pm I know that we'll have a few images from forum posts, but are we gonna get some stock photos? I guess we'll get them through patreon support.
We might get some stock photos, we'd have to see how much they cost. I'm not sure what the rules are for subscription stock photo sites.
RedAppleGP wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:50 pm Oh yeah, and you were being sarcastic a bit in your post to Benatar (not a bad thing). I'm just saying.
Sure, and sarcasm is good, but the tone was just a little over the top.

In that last clip the pronunciation is all good, but it seems like the volume is going in and out. Are you getting closer and father from the mic?
Not sure if it's easy to fix in audio editing or not. Can you try to even it out in Audacity or something?
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

Well TheVeganAtheist uses stock photos. Is it possible to borrow from him? Or we still have to pay for them?
They are fairly expensive. I'll probably throw a few bucks in.
brimstoneSalad wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:51 pm In that last clip the pronunciation is all good, but it seems like the volume is going in and out. Are you getting closer and father from the mic?
Not sure if it's easy to fix in audio editing or not. Can you try to even it out in Audacity or something?
Yeah, I noticed that too. It's a pretty easy fix if done right though, so I'll give it a shot.
here's a fixed version: https://vocaroo.com/i/s1mAlOX8fxZk
-Leonardo da Vinci
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

so it it better or not?
-Leonardo da Vinci
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

I don't think we can borrow from TVA, I think we'd need a subscription.

We can make a thread about it and look at the different places. It would be nice to get stock footage so it's not just a slideshow.

The fixed version sounds better. Still a little odd, but I'm sure it's fine. Not many people would notice.

It would be great if you can chip in. Maybe I should add the stock subscription as the second milestone?
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:37 pm I don't think we can borrow from TVA, I think we'd need a subscription.

We can make a thread about it and look at the different places. It would be nice to get stock footage so it's not just a slideshow.
Alright, I can do that. I'll put it in the Forum Support as well.
It sucks we can't just pull stuff from Google Images. Damn Copyright Laws.
brimstoneSalad wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:37 pmThe fixed version sounds better. Still a little odd, but I'm sure it's fine. Not many people would notice.
Yeah, I noticed it, and it's kinda bugging me. I'll tweak it slightly more.
brimstoneSalad wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:37 pmIt would be great if you can chip in. Maybe I should add the stock subscription as the second milestone?
Yeah man, I think that'll help.
But yeah, I have way more money than I know what to do with after working over the summer, so I'll be willing to help out. I'm planning on donating about 25-30 bucks a month on Patreon, maybe more (that's pennies a day!). That's about 300-360 bucks a year, but I'll be sure to put money on my account monthly. My grandfather also gives me 20 bucks a week just for breathing, since he also has a superfluous amount of money, so it won't be an issue. I'll be sure to put money on my account within by next week.
-Leonardo da Vinci