Testing?

Technical problems, questions, comments, and suggestions for the forum and wiki.

brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Testing?

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Can anybody log in and see this?

We had a bit of a storm. Still trying to restore more posts. There was an issue with the database before. Siteground restored it to the most recent functional setting. it's probably OK now.

Worst case, we'll never lose posts before the 22nd, but the past couple days have been iffy.

Please let us know if you have any problems.
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Re: Testing?

Post by miniboes »

I can see it. Was there a DDOS or something?
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

miniboes wrote:I can see it. Was there a DDOS or something?
Nah, it was just something that screwed up when Dan was trying to update the forum to the newest version. Something in the database broke.

I HAVE some posts in a backup, but they're probably in broken database tables. So, I'm wary of doing an update from that backup since it might break things.

It might be better to leave well enough alone here, and just post stuff again. Can anybody remember what significant posts were made?

I remember (and had) this one: https://theveganatheist.com/forum/viewt ... =30#p12929

Then there's Fire Unicorn's reintroduction post. Which may take some time to get (if we can).
AlexanderVeganTheist posting to say he likes his classes and apologizing for absence, and saying he'll come back as soon as he has enough time to consider the arguments carefully. (I don't think I can get that one)
And then some discussion about the theme, and a couple shorter random posts.

Please let me know if you can remember anything significant that needs to be found.
As far as I can remember, it was a slow weekend for posts, and we had the theme stuff going on, so I don't think very much happened/was lost.

Apologies to anybody who had posts that got eaten.

I'll start backing up obsessively. ;)
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

My suggestions for the letter are probably gone. I'll repost those when I get around to it.

It's 1/3rd done by the way.
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

Nothin' major was lost. But it wasn't only the posts that were gone/reverted, I remember changing my signature (which I do obsessively), and it changed back to my current one.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Sorry everyone for the instability of the forum. It should be running better now. You might have noticed some minor changes to the forum theme (its part of the most recent forum revision. If there are any issues, please either leave a comment here, or send brimstoneSalad or myself a message.

Thank you for all your patience.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
The6thMessenger
Diet: Meat-Eater

Post by The6thMessenger »

Whoo... i thought that my PC got a virus or something. KAV 10 Endpoint still don't work on Win10.
“The more I know about people, the better I like my dog.” – Mark Twain

I also like cats, guns, and video games.