Overwhelmed

Technical problems, questions, comments, and suggestions for the forum and wiki.

Cirion Spellbinder
Master of the Forum
Diet: Vegan

Overwhelmed

Post by Cirion Spellbinder »

Recently, I've noticed that there have been more and more users joining the forum. While most of these users and their posts seem to be pretty awesome, the sheer quantity of posts to read is becoming overwhelming for me, especially because school started. How would you recommend solving this? I'd imagine having a specific amount of time allocated for forum use might help, but I'm not sure. Thanks! :)
Kyron

Re: Overwhelmed

Post by Kyron »

As I'm one of the new members that's posting quite a bit. Sorry. Ha, ha. And I realize how ironic me posting this is.

Well, that depends on how much free time you have and how long it takes for you to read a couple of posts and/or write a post. I'd suggest only checking 2-3 times a day to keep you up to date. I can't imagine too much happening in that time. (:
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

Honestly, I ignore introduction posts now and look for topics that are interesting to me, where I have something useful to add.
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

I know the feeling. That's a good thing, though.

You'll just have to not be a completionist, and kind of skim to find the posts you're most interested in.
Limiting your time on the forum per day to an hour or two might help.
Cirion Spellbinder
Master of the Forum

Kyron wrote:As I'm one of the new members that's posting quite a bit. Sorry. Ha, ha. And I realize how ironic me posting this is. (:
No worries, I don't blame you. It's more that I am easily stressed! ;)

Thank you for the help guys! I think I will respond to introductory posts in the morning and take some time out of my afternoon to reply to other posts.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Sounds like a great way to go. Also, thank you very much for being so active!
Cirion Spellbinder
Master of the Forum

brimstoneSalad wrote:Sounds like a great way to go. Also, thank you very much for being so active!
Your welcome! I try my best!