Hello fellow Freethinkers

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
MadaraUchiha420

Hello fellow Freethinkers

Post by MadaraUchiha420 »

Hello, hello!! It's exciting to be on a forum where I could almost guarantee that once I lay out whatever problem I'm having in a given day, some one won't offer to pray for me. My name is Opal English, and I am a 31 year old stay at home mother. I left religion recently, and I'm having trouble determining exactly what I am right now. I think I'm a humanist with an interest in the Gaia Theory, but I'm still researching it, so for now, I just stick with Agnostic Atheist. I don't really believe any of the titles are necessary, but it sure helps shorten a conversation when you can sum up what you believe in just a few words. :lol: I'm not vegan yet, I'm not even technically vegetarian yet, as I'm still eating small amounts of meat, but it's a step by step process I hear. I watched the Documentary "Earthlings" that the Vegan Atheist put up in 2013, and it did an effective job at killing my appetite for it.

I hate that I've lived in such a bubble for such a long time. I was raised southern baptist, and I believed it for a long time. I could never get on board with hating people for any reason, no matter what the bible said, so I'm thankful I have evolved that much at least. But it kept me in this world of false reality, and that makes me angry. The world is such a beautiful and amazing place, without the idea that someone came along and created it. I wish I could have seen it for what it was the whole time, instead of just waking up now. But I'm very grateful to be awake, and to be able to teach my daughter to experience the real world around her. I cannot wait to see how she grows to understand the world around her without the bible getting in her way.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Remember that no matter what you believe, we are all made up of the same amino acids, therefore, we are all related. Everyone have a very wonderful day.
Jebus
Master of the Forum
Diet: Vegan

Re: Hello fellow Freethinkers

Post by Jebus »

Hi Opal and welcome to the community. Nice job on getting rid of theist beast. I wish you the best of luck in what should be your next endeavor: Getting rid of the carnist beast.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Hello fellow Freethinkers

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome Opal!

Congratulations on leaving religion; it's a big step to choose critical thinking over wishful thinking. I'm very familiar with Southern baptists; you've come a long way.

Also, it's great to hear you're working on going vegan. Once the god excuse for harming animals goes away ('they don't have souls, god gave them to man to exploit'), we have to take a fresh look at morality; some new atheists retreat from that and choose moral relativism, I'm glad you're doing the right thing.