250 grams

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Corelich
Diet: Vegetarian

250 grams

Post by Corelich »

250 grams,

thats the amount of meat I ate per day on a regular basis when I cooked for myself .
1 kg of meat in 4 days. It was on my 'peak' and was heavly reduced after I started working at a place where i have a cantine. Tried to become vegetarian sometimes but failed. I said to myself "hey lets try it for a month and maybe i keep it". Did it for a month and then started eating meat again. Said to myself "hey lets try reduce you meatintake" and i ate less meat... for a few months. What did I do wrong? The "try" part. It occured to me after my (female) best friend asked me if I want a "trial" relationship. Just try it for a month. Thing is, because i knew it was just timed and only a try i didn't take it serious at all and we broke it after 2 weeks. I still saw her as my best friend, not as my girlfriend even if its what i wanted. No more trying. Changing my mindset took time and now I am a vegetarian. Not trying anymore. Because its the attitude of trivilizing failiure that makes it so hard. Because thinking "going back is ok" that makes you go back.

You guys helped me to understand why its necessary. Why I should take this serious. Thanks for that.

The next step to become vegan will take some time. I'm looking out for vegan meals I like etc. Luck's on my side, i met some nice vegan people who are now my friends and they will help me on my journey.

Thanks for reading

Corelich
EquALLity
I am God
Diet: Vegan

Re: 250 grams

Post by EquALLity »

Cool story, and welcome to the forums. :)

You are able to change your account from saying meat-eater to vegetarian, if you want to.

So are you gonna stick around and join in on some discussions, or is this your first and final post (hopefully you'll stick)?

We have a guide on how to go vegan here, also: http://theveganatheist.com/forum/viewto ... =88&p=1689
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
Corelich

Post by Corelich »

Thanks for the welcome.
I'm sure gonna stick and change my account to vegetarian. Spent a lot of time in this forum already and will continue to do so.
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

Corelich wrote:Thanks for the welcome.
I'm sure gonna stick and change my account to vegetarian. Spent a lot of time in this forum already and will continue to do so.
:D

So what inspired you to go vegetarian in the first place?
Corelich

Post by Corelich »

The thought that an animal has to die for my meal is not very pleasant to me.
I kinda did block that out unintentionally when i ate meat. But from time to time I thought about it again. Kinda like my atheism. I was a christian for 21 years . Had my doubts but feared the devil and hell to much so I blocked it out. One day I thought: "Damn, if there is a god he don't mind me thinking about this stuff right? If he really is a good god he wouldnt mind as long as i stay a good human being. "About 2 weeks later I was an atheist. Its like this but with the "fear" of losing meat.
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

Corelich wrote:The thought that an animal has to die for my meal is not very pleasant to me.
I kinda did block that out unintentionally when i ate meat. But from time to time I thought about it again. Kinda like my atheism. I was a christian for 21 years . Had my doubts but feared the devil and hell to much so I blocked it out. One day I thought: "Damn, if there is a god he don't mind me thinking about this stuff right? If he really is a good god he wouldnt mind as long as i stay a good human being. "About 2 weeks later I was an atheist. Its like this but with the "fear" of losing meat.
Ah, I see. Awesome.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Great intro post,

Reminds me of the saying, "Do or do not, there is no try."

Welcome to the forums!