Introduce myself

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Pumpkin
Diet: Vegetarian

Introduce myself

Post by Pumpkin »

Hi everyone, my name is Tim from Belgium and I found it very interesting to get involved between interesting people.
The Vegan Atheist has inspired me tremendously to definitively forget meat after a battle with myself. I must admit, I'm not an atheist but I am not a Christian or a Muslim or a member of any known religious group. My hobbies are visiting theme parks in Western Europe and I am very fond of the conservation of nature and very against animal suffering.
Greetings,
Tim.
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin
Diet: Vegan

Re: Introduce myself

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Welcome Pumpkin (Tim) to the forum! Happy to hear that my videos have helped you out.
We would like to get to know you better, so when you say you are not an atheist, but do you believe and why?
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

Cool, welcome!

Yeah, what do you believe?
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
Pumpkin

Post by Pumpkin »

Thanks, it's not something that I want to impose on others, on the contrary, and I know how strange it sounds.
I'm a Draconian Wicca, therefore I respect both evolution, nature, equality between animals and humans and death.
The four elements of nature are very important in my vision for all life and the considered legendary creature where nobody believe in these days is that which I follow as a higher being. But this is purely for myself, as I said, no one should impose a faith on someone ... you are growing up with this idea or not.
Nature is the most important for me, I often argue with often corupte cities and their mismanagement. It's an ideal that has grown over the years. And I won't bow for human images that call themselves God ... rather for an animal appearance...not as a god, but a higher being. So does faith work I guess, I understand very well why people go against my faith, I know how it sounds...and it just sounds childish. But that is in any belief, no? ;)
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

But that is in any belief, no? ;)
Nah, it just depends on the belief. I don't know anything about Draconian Wicca.

So you worship the elements? Kind of like a pantheist?
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
Pumpkin

Post by Pumpkin »

I have no idea what that is... ;)
yes and no...the elements are the lifeless things that create life and that should be respected and is currently the most important, certainly now in these times....but worship is a big word.
Eventually there are indeed consequences if we don't respect the elements, including air and earth and belonging as a big point in my faith especially the earth element is my biggest concern, but it is not called draconian wicca for nothing, ordinary wicca involved human- like god and goddess in human form and I don't believe in human superiority at all... in the end that is not much different than all other religions, gods ... in human form, but we see it differently. Non-human beings ... but not even God, rather as a higer one. As I said, legendary in ancient books and unproven by science, reality for me. That creates faith. The difference perhaps is that I wish nothing of this faith, I have no desires for eternal life or favors in everyday life ... I am afraid of death but I must remain realist. I believe that this is just how it should be.
In short, I worship the dragon...
no dragon fan, no games fan, no movie fan...
It's too short sensible like I'm living in fairy tales, I can't prove anything so yes, people like me don't like to say this very often in public because we know how it sounds.
but I respect the most atheists, religion has sentenced a lot of people to death and destroyed their lives... and gods...only the elements can create life on earth and I can agree with what they have to say. But, I'm not an atheist.
I am also theme park fan..I love high speed roller coasters and challenges and have therefore my own channel on youtube. Both in forests and in theme parks, I can relax and be myself.
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

Hi Pumpkin. Welcome to our community. I am curious as to where these dragons are that you believe in.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

hi pumpkin. What colored pumpkin are you?
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
Pumpkin

Post by Pumpkin »

An organge halloween pumpkin because it's kinda my thing. ;)

There have been many stories about draconians that made them what they are today. Pure entertainment for children and families and a target for gamers. But take their fire breath away, no gold rush (just why did they come up with that), and definitly no human behavior. Where are they now...The dragon and the earth element is one and the same for me...in other words, dead... and there were many religions that formerly believed this but were suppressed by the emerging christianity and these christians did a fine good job over the years with doing that.
It promisses, it threatens, it's human all the way...well done i'd say.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Hi Pumpkin, welcome!