Hi from Houston, Texas

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
TruthSeekerVegan
Diet: Vegan

Hi from Houston, Texas

Post by TruthSeekerVegan »

Hey guys, it's so nice to say hi to all vegan and atheist people around the world! :)
EquALLity
I am God

Re: Hi from Houston, Texas

Post by EquALLity »

Hello!

How long have you been a vegan and an atheist?
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
TruthSeekerVegan

Hey EquALLity, Thanks for the reply.
I am vegan for about a year now and I have never been religious in my entire life but I did consider atheism after became vegan. So basically I am a newbie however I became an animal right activist and I am very passionate about spreading the truth ever since. How about you? :)
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

TruthSeekerVegan wrote:Hey EquALLity, Thanks for the reply.
I am vegan for about a year now and I have never been religious in my entire life but I did consider atheism after became vegan. So basically I am a newbie however I became an animal right activist and I am very passionate about spreading the truth ever since. How about you? :)
Hey, I've been a vegan for about a year now also! I think maybe a few weeks over. I was already an atheist before I became vegan.

I actually wouldn't have become a vegan until I became an atheist, because what provoked me to go vegan were videos posted by JaclynGlenn (who I watched greatly due to her videos on religion). I was looking through her older videos and found 'How I Became a Vegetarian', provoking me to watch 'Meet Your Meat' and 'Earthlings'.

I did want to be a vegetarian when I was a Christian, just because I didn't want to kill animals unnecessarily. My parents wouldn't let me, however, so I was planning on doing it after I turned 18.

They couldn't really stop me from going vegan after I was passionate about it, though. ;)

:)!
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

Hi Truthseeker and welcome to the forum. You must stand out like a sore thumb. Houston is a pretty religious place if I recall correctly.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

Hi. You'll most likely enjoy iy here.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Hi TruthSeekerVegan, welcome to the forum.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
TruthSeekerVegan

EquALLity wrote: I actually wouldn't have become a vegan until I became an atheist, because...
I'm the opposite :D how funny is that :)
TruthSeekerVegan

Jebus wrote:Hi Truthseeker and welcome to the forum. You must stand out like a sore thumb. Houston is a pretty religious place if I recall correctly.

I am more of an animal right activist due to the victims. However I am not very good at defending atheism unless there's a time and (hopefully smart) friend to talk about that otherwise I don't bother myself to open up. Is it something bad, what do you think?
TruthSeekerVegan

TheVeganAtheist wrote:Hi TruthSeekerVegan, welcome to the forum.

My favorite vegan and atheist of all time!!! :mrgreen: I have just ordered The Vegan Atheist T-shirt and planning to wear it at the next vegan potlucks and the next atheist meet ups of the town. If I get a chance to talk with someone about "both" then I am going to bring up your channel on topic. Hopefully if they're interested in becoming both maybe they'll learn something from your channel as well. The way you rationally criticizes every stupid comment is brilliant and one of your videos is named "God is love" was the last moment of me being theist. :D So thank you for doing all you do! Thank you for your educating and empowering work!