Greetings, humans!

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
alienbrain
Diet: Vegetarian

Re: Greetings, humans!

Post by alienbrain »

TheVeganAtheist wrote:Welcome to the forum alienbrain. What prompted you to go vegetarian? How is being vegetarian where you live?
I can't say that it was one definitive moment. I've always had something of a distaste for meat to begin with, as those close to me had always been aware. For the sake of my parents I had initially begun as a pescetarian, and slowly transitioned as I became responsible for my own cooking. It's always suited me quite well, and was never a difficult decision.

On the other end, there's a great deal of social stigma to it around here, despite vegetarian options being quite easy to come by, actually discussing it is quite difficult, being in one of the...redneckiest...parts of Canada for lack of a better term. Otherwise, I have no issues with it. I've enjoyed it, and it's suited me quite well. I've never missed meat because it never held any appeal, be that because of ethical or simple taste reasons.
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu Fhtagn!
Jebus
Master of the Forum
Diet: Vegan

Post by Jebus »

Welcome Alienbrain. Have you considered becoming vegan?
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
alienbrain

Post by alienbrain »

Jebus wrote:Welcome Alienbrain. Have you considered becoming vegan?
I have considered it, and it's a transition I would probably be willing to make after having looked into it further. I'm a little on the fence about it still, but I'll be trying to do a bit more looking into the actual ethics of the non-meat animal based products, that would require me to be cutting out, before I do so.
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu Fhtagn!
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

I have considered it, and it's a transition I would probably be willing to make after having looked into it further. I'm a little on the fence about it still, but I'll be trying to do a bit more looking into the actual ethics of the non-meat animal based products, that would require me to be cutting out, before I do so.
You should watch the video in my signature, alien.
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
alienbrain

Post by alienbrain »

EquALLity wrote:
You should watch the video in my signature, alien.
I certainly will, thank you.
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu Fhtagn!
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

Groovy. ;D
alienbrain

Post by alienbrain »

EquALLity wrote:
Groovy. ;D
Heehee "groovy" is something a lot of people get on my case about saying all the time :D
Anyway, having now seen it, it does present a very good case. I hope to make the conversion as soon as it becomes entirely viable for me to do so. Thank you.
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu Fhtagn!
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

Heehee "groovy" is something a lot of people get on my case about saying all the time :D
Anyway, having now seen it, it does present a very good case. I hope to make the conversion as soon as it becomes entirely viable for me to do so. Thank you.
Alright, that's pretty hip, man. ;D
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome alienbrain!

Creepy videos; what do you use to animate?
alienbrain

Post by alienbrain »

brimstoneSalad wrote:Welcome alienbrain!

Creepy videos; what do you use to animate?
I often use a combination of Adobe flash cs8 (or CS6), Sony vegas, and on a few occasions Adobe after effects.
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu Fhtagn!