Hi everyone

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
VeggieJake
Diet: Vegetarian

Hi everyone

Post by VeggieJake »

Hello everyone :D I'm going to tell you all a little bit about myself so here goes:

I became a vegetarian about 8 months ago and I'm going to try out vegan very soon.
The reason why I became a vegetarian was mostly because of the ethical side of it, you know "animals have feelings too" kinda thing. And recently I want to become vegan because being vegetarian is the first step to help animals and the next is veganism. No one in my family agrees with me being a vegetarian and they always try to make points on what I eat like "you won't get your protein" etc. even though I explained many things about it they still don't agree with it unfortunately.

I'm an atheist who doesn't believe in any God and neither does my family. The reason I'm an atheist? I honestly don't know I just don't believe in God, I never did and I'm pretty sure I never will. I know many people will disagree with me but it's my opinion so yeah. :)

And now I will tell you some other things about me:
I like watermelon, I like games and things like that and I don't know what else to put. Bye I guess? :)
Care+compassion=peace
Red
Supporter
Supporter
Diet: Vegan

Re: Hi everyone

Post by Red »

Well it's not like you choose to not believe in God.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

Hello! :D
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
Neptual

Post by Neptual »

Welcome to the forums! How long have you been an atheist for?
She's beautiful...
VeggieJake
Diet: Vegetarian

Post by VeggieJake »

Thanks and I was just raised in a non-religious family so ever since I could think for myself I guess.
Care+compassion=peace
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome VeggieJake!

Congrats on going veg, we can definitely offer you advice on going vegan, but family can be tough to deal with. Some times it just takes time to get the facts through.
Bringing solid numbers, like printing out the nutrition data for foods, can some times help- seeing is believing, more so than hearing, since they can dismiss more easily what you say.