Heyho

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Nik Joda
Diet: Vegan

Re: Heyho

Post by Nik Joda »

Jebus wrote:
Nik Joda wrote:So i do not say there is no "Supernatual beeing". Instead i say there is no proof that it do not exist.
Are you sure you are not an agnostic?
Well in case of religious supernatural beings i now their "Supernatual" worshiped beings do not exist.
What i mean with "Supernatual" is that yet we can not explain those because we didnt observed enough to under stand it. Like the natural laws are unfailable but there might be circumstances (we do not know) where other natural laws (we do not know) exist.
BrimstoneSalad gave me the word preternatural what is actually the word i meant.
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

Do you believe the flying spaghetti monster exists? There is no proof he does not exist either.
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
Nik Joda

Post by Nik Joda »

That is not what i mean. You can not describe it. So if someone says e.g christianity is true. I ask him how do you know. He wont be able to proof even if it is true or not. So if there is no proof i do not believe anything someone tells me.
Your analogy of a flying Spaghetti Monster is a way to show the weak point of religion.
I am not religious ...
Even if there is a god i would not worship him because thats against my morality. I can stand for myself! Anything what a god would may give me i allready have achieved!
So i am not looking for "is there a god"
and if there is i would say "oh how could ive been wrong all the time? I totally serve you from now on!"
Thats just stupid. I would never do that.
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Welcome to the forum Nik Joda, happy to have you in our community. How long have you been vegetarian? Ever consider veganism?
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
Nik Joda

Post by Nik Joda »

TheVeganAtheist wrote:Welcome to the forum Nik Joda, happy to have you in our community. How long have you been vegetarian? Ever consider veganism?
Well actually i am a vegetarian since 2-3 months. I just randomly watched youtube videos and found sth about veganism.
Actually i was knowing that animals was killed all the time for our consume of meat. But i was totally shoked about the conditions and how they are treated.
I did some research about it and from that time i couldnt eat meat without the picture of animal genocide :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
So from that time i would say that i am a vegetarian. I was surprised that my taste was changing really fast.
Milk taste like fat and this is just disgusting. I was thinking about being vegan. But i can not do it cause it is really expensive.
I will give it a try till i get a job and have my own money. But i am still bound on my parents. :/
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

Nik Joda wrote:I was thinking about being vegan. But i can not do it cause it is really expensive.
Vegans pay on average less for their food than omnivores. You probably looked at the prices of processed vegan food which can be costly, but there is so much great cheap vegan food like rice, pasta, grains, nuts, bread, veggies etc. etc.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
Nik Joda

Post by Nik Joda »

Actually the only thing thats none vegan is cheese, eggs and butter. Well it is rwally expensive if i buy good quality food. The problem is if i would buy it my parents have to eat it too but they have the money not me. So if i would buy just vegan staff it would be twice as much as my parents would pay normally cause they are eat other staff too.
Nik Joda

Post by Nik Joda »

Additionally i have a stonefruit allergy. So apples, pears, cherrys, peaches, plums etc are fruits i can not eat without gettijg a swollen esophagus. :/
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Nik Joda wrote:Actually the only thing thats none vegan is cheese, eggs and butter. Well it is rwally expensive if i buy good quality food. The problem is if i would buy it my parents have to eat it too but they have the money not me. So if i would buy just vegan staff it would be twice as much as my parents would pay normally cause they are eat other staff too.
I don't understand what you mean. What do you think you need cheese, eggs, and butter for?

Vegetable oil is cheaper than butter. Almost all baking recipes can be made without eggs pretty easily.

These are also some of the most unhealthy things you could possibly be eating.
Nik Joda

Post by Nik Joda »

I dont use butter to cook. But i eat bread every day so i use it to make it more tasty and thats what butter do... make it tasty. I can not just throw everything away at once. I allready shut like 70% of my old eating habits down. Eggs may be unhealthy ... if you eat to much. Its not like i only eat cheese eggs and butter ...
thats just the only thing i eat sometimes so i can not call myself vegan