Salutations!

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
AustinGulotta
Diet: Vegan

Re: Salutations!

Post by AustinGulotta »

Jebus wrote:I commend you for standing up for your beliefs despite the inconvenience. Excuse my curiosity, but do you think it was a "fortunate coincidence" that you fell in love with someone of the opposite gender or did you make an effort to meet a woman because you didn't want to deal with your father's potential negative reaction from being in a relationship with a man.
It was honestly just a coincidence. Julia (my girlfriend) and I met in the 5th grade, became best of friends, and eventually found that we were each other's favorite person. That's quite a bleak way to put it, haha, but I suppose I could elaborate if asked to.
miniboes wrote:Welcome to the forums! Cage-free berries, dang I wish we had that in the Netherlands.
They may be cage-free, but they only grow in closed minds.
RedAppleGP wrote:
AustinGulotta wrote: My family knows about my being vegan, especially since Thanksgiving just came around, and somewhat with my atheism, but hardly my bisexuality. My family mocks me somewhat by saying that the berries, bread, milk, etc. that they buy for me are cage free. They don't care too much about it, but realized today that I also don't eat fish. They said that fish aren't animals. My mother at least is aware of my atheism, but thinks it's a phase of rebellion. My father is very anti-gay, so he doesn't know about my bisexuality. My mother probably does though. I'm not too close with most of my family, so my nuclear one is the only one which would know about my beliefs. My girlfriend's family - with whom I spend the majority of my time - is extremely accepting and aware of all my beliefs.
you sir, have earned my respect completely. to come out as a Bi-sexualVeganAtheist, I would shake your hand if you were in my presence. At least you told some people. I don't know what the big deal is. so what if someone is an atheist? how the hell did they just become a hellspawn?
Thank you very much :) I used to be quite afraid of coming out of these closets, but I eventually though," It's who I am. My mind is open to evidence and ideas. If you're here to criticize my innate characteristics in stead of my arguments, fuck off." This, of course, lead to me essentially hungry to fight of anyone who dared to demand me to change, but I suppose that's not much different than being a bull, freshly released from 48 hours of darkness into the blazing daylight of spears and a matador. It's going to run mad for a moment until it finds some clarity. Bah, I'm rambling. As far as your last comment, my past of being a christian and hearing about atheism can attest to the following path of ill logic: Atheists = god haters = morality haters = satan lovers = hellspawn. Now, this may be different for various people, but I know it to be true of my family.