Nice to be here.

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
CyborgFranky
Diet: Meat-Eater

Nice to be here.

Post by CyborgFranky »

Hi folks, nice to be here.
My name is Rico. I'm 47 and I live in a smallish city in Ontario Canada. Fortunately for me my parents were not church people. Even so I lived in fear of "God" until my late teens, believing that he was watching my every move.. sheesh.
My mother had a ouija board (I know) and that got me in to researching all things paranormal. I approached these topics scientifically and in doing so came to the conclusion that most religions were simply power structures designed to keep the masses under control.
Decades later I find myself in a world that is falling to pieces thanks to political corruption and greed. There seems to be a heavy connection with the church and bad politics and the sooner this ends the better.
EquALLity
I am God
Diet: Vegan

Re: Nice to be here.

Post by EquALLity »

Hello! :)

Random question-
How did you find this forum? Do you watch TVA? Do you only watch his religion videos, or do you also watch his ones on eating meat, seeing as you're an atheist but a non-vegan?

I'm curious.
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
CyborgFranky
Diet: Meat-Eater

Post by CyborgFranky »

Yes I came here after watching the vid about what atheists should stop saying. That was the only vid I've seen so far. My son and I are about to do a political activist pod cast and watch a lot of TYT, Russel Brand etc. Watching these vids made it very apparent how intertwined politics and religion are and they shouldn't be.
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

welcome to the forum CyborgFranky. Its nice to have another Canadian on the forum.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome Rico,

Great to hear you're working on a pod cast, don't forget to post a link when you have it online!

Definitely worth watching more of TheVeganAtheist's videos; there are some great topics that will really get you thinking.
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

Welcome to the forums!
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum