Hello!

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Curmudgeon
Diet: Vegan

Hello!

Post by Curmudgeon »

Hi, I'm new here. I've been a vegan for several months and somehow didn't discover this forum until now. I'm interested in philosophy, nutrition and activism. Looking forward to interesting discussions ahead!
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: Hello!

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Hi, congrats on going vegan, what inspired you? (Any particular documentaries or anything?)

I'm glad you joined, I hope you like it here, don't hesitate to jump in on discussions!
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

Welcome Curmudgeon,

It seems like you came to the right place. What kind of activism have you done. I do occasional anonymous for the voiceless interventions where I live.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
Curmudgeon

Post by Curmudgeon »

brimstoneSalad wrote: ↑Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:54 pm Hi, congrats on going vegan, what inspired you? (Any particular documentaries or anything?)

I'm glad you joined, I hope you like it here, don't hesitate to jump in on discussions!
It was that quote by Bentham that goes something like 'but can they suffer?' that set off my vegan journey. I used to be into philosophy and coming across that quote really intrigued me and the more I looked into it, the more convinced I became, ultimately becoming a full-fledged vegan earlier this year.
Curmudgeon

Post by Curmudgeon »

Jebus wrote: ↑Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:14 am Welcome Curmudgeon,

It seems like you came to the right place. What kind of activism have you done. I do occasional anonymous for the voiceless interventions where I live.
We don't have AV in the country where I live, but I have been at outreaches and marches in my city. Thanks for the welcome :)