Hello Brothers and Sisters

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
paresh
Diet: Vegetarian

Hello Brothers and Sisters

Post by paresh »

This is Paresh from India. I grew up in Hindu culture and read many religious scriptures in my adolescence.
I realized most of these scriptures include bullshit and any logical rational thinking Pearson would know it.
I started questioning and realized people don't actually care, they just blindly follow Swamis, or Gurus.
Recently I came to know other religious books contain crazy shit as well. I am born Vegan.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Hello Brothers and Sisters

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Hi Paresh, welcome!

I'm glad you've joined. It's unfortunate that many people turn off those parts of their brains when they read scripture, like they can just choose not to apply reason to them.

Have you gotten much criticism for not blindly following?
preet

Post by preet »

Hi Paresh, nice to meet you.
paresh wrote:I am born Vegan.
This is really great, all Hindus I have met don't see any problem in consuming dairy.

In which state do you live? I live in Punjab.
“It is difficult to find happiness within oneself, but it is impossible to find it anywhere else.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
paresh

Post by paresh »

preet wrote:Hi Paresh, nice to meet you.
paresh wrote:I am born Vegan.
This is really great, all Hindus I have met don't see any problem in consuming dairy.

In which state do you live? I live in Punjab.
I live in Maharashtra
paresh

Post by paresh »

brimstoneSalad wrote:Hi Paresh, welcome!

I'm glad you've joined. It's unfortunate that many people turn off those parts of their brains when they read scripture, like they can just choose not to apply reason to them.

Have you gotten much criticism for not blindly following?
Not really. People around me don't seem to care. I have some Bramhin friends. Got in arguments with them many times
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

welcome to the forum paresh! I visited your part of the world a few years ago. I landed in Delhi and then took a 2 week tour of Rajasthan. It was an amazing trip.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

Welcome Paresh. I live in Mauritius, one of only three countries with a Hindu majority. The Hindus here are very close minded and I've never met anyone who has questioned their scriptures. What was it that caused you to be so unique in your mindset? Were your parents a bit less religious? Are you simply smarter/better educated than most other Hindus?
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
paresh

Post by paresh »

Jebus wrote:Welcome Paresh. I live in Mauritius, one of only three countries with a Hindu majority. The Hindus here are very close minded and I've never met anyone who has questioned their scriptures. What was it that caused you to be so unique in your mindset? Were your parents a bit less religious? Are you simply smarter/better educated than most other Hindus?
Well my parents and grandparents are extremely religious and perform daily rituals. I am not better educated than my surrounding people. Many better educated people are extremely religious. These people don't actually read religious scriptures and when they read they don't interpret them literally. I found many errors in an ancient Hindu religious scripture called Manusmruti. Manusmruti created cast system in India and it discriminated certain community. Low cast community and women are banned from education. If a women gets education it is ordered that hot silicon should be poured in her ears and animal sacrifice etc bullshit contained within this scripture.

I am not sure though that it is true Hindu religious scripture because when I asked a wise man about it who was of-course strong follower of Hinduism told these scriptures are written by Bramhin community for their false propaganda. He said there are no errors in original ancient Hindu scriptures likes Vedas, and ShrimadBhagavadGita or simply Gita. He said Bramhins were Aryan people came from Iran in India. they took over original Vedic culture and spoiled it. It is not possible to learn all 4 Vedas in a single life, but I am now reading Gita to find out how much sense does it make and if there are any errors in it. (According to Manusmruti Bramhins is a highest cast, they were teachers)

People here are so stupid that they believe in scriptures as a gods words that are written in 17th centaury by poets and self proclaimed religious gurus.
paresh

Post by paresh »

TheVeganAtheist wrote:welcome to the forum paresh! I visited your part of the world a few years ago. I landed in Delhi and then took a 2 week tour of Rajasthan. It was an amazing trip.
I am glad you liked it. You may also like to visit Kerala and Goa it's amazing.