Hello :D

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Sezmo

Hello :D

Post by Sezmo »

Hi, I am the omnivore Sezmo. Essentially, I think that many cultures and religions have some aspects of beauty, while having some aspects of ugliness. Maybe if the world would just leave one another alone, we might have finally have peace, though the skeptic in me laughs and the cynic in me laughs maniacally.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Hello :D

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Do you think we should have just left the Nazis alone to exterminate all of the 'races' they deemed inferior? National autonomy, and all.

People do evil things, that cause great suffering in the world. Whether genocide, or oppression of women, or needlessly breeding and killing billions of helpless animals every year only because people think they taste good while destroying the environment in the process (which affects everyone).

Peace is overrated when it means turning a blind eye to the suffering of others. That kind of world is far from truly peaceful, but an ever escalating hell of greed and oppression unchecked by the actions of those who would be brave enough to stand up and say NO.
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

Yeah, peace is a weird concept. The Romans used to lay waste to huge areas of land, killing every individual and call it peace. Rather than shrugging and not giving a care we should try to limit the suffering in our world as much as we can.
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Welcome to the forum Sezmo
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics