Hello :)

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
J-Park
Diet: Vegetarian

Hello :)

Post by J-Park »

Hello, my name is Josh. I am a skeptic and vegetarian, transitioning to veganism. I’ve been a vegetarian for almost 4 years. I made the change primarily for ethical reasons, followed closely by environmental. I view veganism, and animal abolition, as not only the most moral position, but the most rational position to hold.

I am also an atheist (raised Catholic), however I’m not particularly passionate about my disbelief. I tend not to engage theists in debates about religious issues, unless those issues attempt to interfere in politics, education or law. I consider myself an Apatheist, meaning I don’t care whether there is, or is not a god(s), it doesn’t affect me either way.

I'm located in Canada, and I work in security at the moment. However, I plan to go back to school to earn a Master of Science (Msc) in Biology. I am an avid fan of science fiction, comic books and video games. I also have an interest in pursuing filmmaking and fiction writing (primarily screenplays and comics).

So, that's me. I look forward to contributing to this forum. If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Red
Supporter
Supporter
Diet: Vegan

Re: Hello :)

Post by Red »

You'll be a Vegan someday..
http://imgur.com/CrUmY1W
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
Neptual

Post by Neptual »

Welcome to the forums! Have you made any films yet? If so, mind sharing them?
She's beautiful...
J-Park

Post by J-Park »

RedAppleGP wrote:You'll be a Vegan someday..
http://imgur.com/CrUmY1W
LOL, I shall!
J-Park

Post by J-Park »

dan1073 wrote:Welcome to the forums! Have you made any films yet? If so, mind sharing them?
Thanks. No, unfortunately I haven't yet. I lack the funds, experience, equipment, and contacts (can't make films by myself) lol. I do, however, have a couple of potential short film projects that I hope to make sometime next year, if all goes to plan.
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

welcome to the forum, fellow Canadian! Where abouts in Canada do you live?
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

Welcome J-Park. I was a vegetarian for exactly four years before I became vegan. During those four years I always thought it would be too difficult. Turned out it wasn't difficult at all.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

Welcome! :D
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
J-Park

Post by J-Park »

TheVeganAtheist wrote:welcome to the forum, fellow Canadian! Where abouts in Canada do you live?
Thanks, VA! I currently live in Hamilton, ON.

Jebus wrote:Welcome J-Park. I was a vegetarian for exactly four years before I became vegan. During those four years I always thought it would be too difficult. Turned out it wasn't difficult at all.
Thanks! I know what you mean, I'm almost there myself. But I slip sometimes and buy products that contain eggs, dairy, gelatin or some other obscure animal ingredient without reading the labels. I also tend to consume foods with eggs and dairy when I visit relatives for the holidays. But other than those occasional instances, I don’t really consume animal products. Hopefully I’ll be completely vegan by the New Year. That’s the goal anyway, as it will mark four years of vegetarianism for me. :)

EquALLity wrote:Welcome! :D
Thanks! :D
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

Thanks! :D
:D!
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx