Hello :)

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Hello :)

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Hi Josh, welcome to the forum!

It's awesome that you've decided to go vegan.

I think most theists are probably apatheists too, although they usually won't admit it.

Do you know the term 'ignostic'?
J-Park
Diet: Vegetarian

Post by J-Park »

brimstoneSalad wrote:Hi Josh, welcome to the forum!

It's awesome that you've decided to go vegan.

I think most theists are probably apatheists too, although they usually won't admit it.

Do you know the term 'ignostic'?
Thanks, brimstone! I agree with you about most theists being apatheists, though I’d venture to say it probably applies to most people in general (at least in the west).

I have heard of ignosticism, though it’s been a while since I’ve encountered it. I think I’ve only met one adult person who didn’t know who, or what, Jesus is.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Ignosticism is answering the question:

"Does god exists?"

with: "What's god?"

Theists refuse to clearly define god, and so, it is an appropriate question to ask.

Not sure what Jesus has to do with it, but nobody really knows who he was either (we have a distinct lack of credible historical evidence). All people can do is guess, and put words in his mouth based hearsay from anonymous sources and people claiming to have had visions of him.