New member here, yeah, hi

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Roxy
Diet: Meat-Eater

New member here, yeah, hi

Post by Roxy »

Hey, my friend Red invited me here. I'm not much of a vegan, or even a vegetarian. I love eating meat.

Aside from my tastes in food, I'm a huge comic book fan, I love video games, I'm a music enthusiast, and I'm a movie critic. At least, I like to think of myself as such.

I'm not used to forums. I'm more of a Discord person, but I'm open to change. So yeah. Hello.

I'm so awkward.
Red
Supporter
Supporter
Diet: Vegan

Re: New member here, yeah, hi

Post by Red »

Oh hey Roxy, I'm sure you'll enjoy it much here :D . And don't worry, I've made a fool of myself several times here, and I'm still fine, so don't worry about being awkward.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
Roxy

Post by Roxy »

Red wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:57 pm Oh hey Roxy, I'm sure you'll enjoy it much here :D . And don't worry, I've made a fool of myself several times here, and I'm still fine, so don't worry about being awkward.
Thanks, pal! Good thing I'm not the only one who's been in awkward situations here.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

Roxy wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:05 pm Thanks, pal! Good thing I'm not the only one who's been in awkward situations here.
Trust me, be lucky that you're awkward, and not stupid. We've had plenty of stupid people here, any we don't take terribly kind to them.
Anyways, go make a topic about whatever interests you.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
Dream Sphere

Post by Dream Sphere »

Roxy wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:54 pm Hey, my friend Red invited me here. I'm not much of a vegan, or even a vegetarian. I love eating meat.

Aside from my tastes in food, I'm a huge comic book fan, I love video games, I'm a music enthusiast, and I'm a movie critic. At least, I like to think of myself as such.

I'm not used to forums. I'm more of a Discord person, but I'm open to change. So yeah. Hello.

I'm so awkward.
Hey Roxy. What music are you into? I'm enthusiastic about metal music, but only kinda knowledgeable of other genres, however I'm open to and interested in exploring other genres since I have found some likable stuff in them before.
Roxy

Post by Roxy »

Dream Sphere wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:30 pm
Roxy wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:54 pm Hey, my friend Red invited me here. I'm not much of a vegan, or even a vegetarian. I love eating meat.

I'm so awkward.
Hey Roxy. What music are you into? I'm enthusiastic about metal music, but only kinda knowledgeable of other genres, however I'm open to and interested in exploring other genres since I have found some likable stuff in them before.
I'm into classic and alternative rock mostly. Personal favorite bands are Gorillaz, Panic! At The Disco, ACDC, Yes, CCR, and Kansas.
Dream Sphere

Post by Dream Sphere »

Roxy wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:43 pm
Dream Sphere wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:30 pm

I'm so awkward.
I'm into classic and alternative rock mostly. Personal favorite bands are Gorillaz, Panic! At The Disco, ACDC, Yes, CCR, and Kansas.
I like those genres quite a bit. Some groups which have made favourite songs of mine in those genres are Rush, The Fratellis, Genesis, The Strokes, Franz Ferdinand, Queen, and Blue Oyster Cult. I like that one song I've heard from Gorillaz called "Feel Good Inc." Kansas has some great music as well as CCR, I know the other bands a bit, but not super into them, though I know a handful of songs from ACDC and Yes.

Since you're into classic rock, you might like early metal like Judas Priest. Try songs like "Sinner" and "Exciter". Also, a lot of people I've introduced power metal to and they've liked it. You should try these two power metal songs when you have the time. "Highlander (The One)" by Lost Horizon, and "Gunman" by Orden Ogan.