Hello Everyone

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
KalinaWin
Diet: Vegan

Hello Everyone

Post by KalinaWin »

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to instoduce myself. I’m Kalina and a new vegan since the beginning of April 2018 (I’ve been on my journey for almost two moths now.) I found the link to your forum under one of the videos by UnaturalVegan on YouTube. The main reasons for which I turned to veganism, basically overnight, were the environmental - the degree of pollution of atmosphere and fresh water and oceans, waste, detrimental effect on climate change – all the related facts shocked me and veganism presented itself as a very powerful tool to fight all of that.
My hopes are that I can find here more scientific, down to earth, and based on strong evidence conversations concerning veganism. I came across a lot of good but also a lot of crappy science or sometimes very biased or even false claims that many of “mainstream” vegan doctors and “vegan celebrities” made. Happy to be here and thank you for your efforts to clarify a lot of issues for me and for others interested in the topic.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome @KalinaWin, I hope you don't mind, but I split this post off as a new topic in the introductions form.

I'm glad you've joined, and I hope you enjoy it here. Environment is a very strong reason to promote veganism.