G'day

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Zed4711
Diet: Vegetarian

G'day

Post by Zed4711 »

Yes thats a bit cliché for an Australian but oh well. I'm an open book, ask me anything from politics, to diet and even personal interests :)
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it you will be lonely often and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself

~Friedrich Nietzsche
Twizelby
Diet: Vegan

Re: G'day

Post by Twizelby »

Greetings from the USA! What kind of variety exists in Australia in terms of Veg options stores/restaurants.
Zed4711

Post by Zed4711 »

Well I live in the geographic centre of Victoria so it's a bit rural, but there is a good Organic whole food store in my town where you can get things like vegan yoghurt, tofurkey, vegan chocolate, vegan nachos and whole vegan hampers. Theres even a burger chain that sells three options of veggie burgers in Melbourne and Bendigo. So it's alright where I live and it'll be even better next year when I move to Melbourne for university
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it you will be lonely often and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself

~Friedrich Nietzsche
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin
Diet: Vegan

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Welcome to the forum Zed4711. How long have you been atheist? How long have you been vegetarian?
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
Zed4711

Post by Zed4711 »

Um I would say I've been an atheist for at least 6-7 years but thats hard to say because although my mother raised me as a Protestant christian, my father is more a Jesuanist in that he says he follows jesus moral teachings but doesn't believe in any of the supernatural stuff. I've been a vegetarian for a 13 months now and it was the best decision of my life. It was so easy to give up meat and I felt like a weight had been lifted afterwards. I also am essentially dairy free as well

~Friedrich Nietzsche