Newbie from Boston here

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Harley79
Diet: Meat-Eater

Newbie from Boston here

Post by Harley79 »

Hi I'm in search of some support. I am 47 a mom of 3 and married to a great husband. I weigh over 300lbs and now I'm scared and need to take control of my health. I have been Vegan before and loved it except I get extreme brain fog and tiredness that doesn't go away any suggestions. The fatigue kills me and yes I take a B12 supplement

Ty Tammy
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Newbie from Boston here

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Hi Tammy, can you tell us a bit about what you were eating?

A vegan diet might help with your problems, but the effect of switching to plant based may be pretty modest (it could take a while).
A more specific approach like Eco-Atkins may be more helpful, but it depends on the person.

We'll try to give some suggestions if we can. I hope we'll be able to help.
Red
Supporter
Supporter
Diet: Vegan

Post by Red »

Hello Harley! We hope to be of help here.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

Hi Tammy!

If you had negative effects from going Vegan, maybe try to take it slowly this time around. Cutting out certain foods from your diet in incremental steps may help you to see if a lack of certain foods increases your "brain fog", and that may give you an idea of what supplements you may need, or what foods you should keep eating to maintain your health.

Any change in your diet should be done in stages, especially if you have experienced negative effects before. Your well being is the most important thing, and it is much easier to gradually change your diet and stick to it, rather than totally change your diet and adapt. If you'd like, you could start a thread in the Vegan forum to ask for nutritional advice. They are pretty knowledgeable there.

Welcome aboard!
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.